• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl to Sgt promotion board

Hi,
has anyone heard any more rumours about the size of the next cpl to sgt board, i have heard that they are looking at around 100, not that i'm near but its interesting.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

i haven't been in work for a week but the last i heard was that they only wanted 40

still well short of the requirement for TG4 IM

hence the reason every SAC that's been in for longer than 3 mins is getting promoted

H

Highland Trooper

From what I have been told/heard:

What has flung a spanner in the works for the next Cpl to Sgt's board is the the 37 Instructors at Cosford needing posted over the coming months. (The reduction is due to AT training being drawn down this year).

This is one of the reasons that last years board has stopped at the moment at number 30. There is a chance that those from 31 onward, and I stress the word chance, may have to go back into the melting pot for this years board :(

PMA are juggling the books as usual trying to sort it out as well as trying to get the number of IM's needed for Tg4.

Not the best granted, lets just hope it all settles down soon or at the very least some info from PMA on the way forward wouldn't go amiss

P

purple has a green shadow

Promotion 'is that what happens in the army?'

Promotion 'is that what happens in the army?'

June is the the local rumour for the board.

Anyone any idea with what people were coming off with last year?

May you all leave so i can get promoted and return to my natural home of the wing with 3 stripes :pDT_Xtremez_25:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Hi,
has anyone heard any more rumours about the size of the next cpl to sgt board, i have heard that they are looking at around 100, not that i'm near but its interesting.:pDT_Xtremez_17:

I've heard 3 rumours

1) They're going to promote Cpl's straight to WO

2) There's too many Cpls in your trade, so they're going to demote half of you

3) About 2000

OK, so I made them up but you did ask for rumours

P

I've heard 3 rumours

1) They're going to promote Cpl's straight to WO

2) There's too many Cpls in your trade, so they're going to demote half of you

3) About 2000

OK, so I made them up but you did ask for rumours

I like it, i also think that it could be true. Not just point one and two. Three is my fav.

There is already a million 'yes i said million' more Cpl's than SACs.

There is obviously a lack of good discusson on the Goat, maybe we should tell our friends.

Cashew

LAC
The last board has currently stopped at number 35, although only 31 cpls have been promoted, 4 have turned it down.

Only 1 sgt from the old tg11 has come off the latest sgt to flt sgt board, they are promoting 35 in total, of which 34 will be from the tg 3 legacy side, of which i imagine most will be Chf techs.

The next board is scheduled for july, although with the cosford thing and only 1 tg11 sgt getting promoted to flt sgt it doesnt look too good for a big board.

Still at least ive got my third which is the positive side of this reply!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

the start of things to come i fear...i think we have seen the end of big promotion boards in our trade for quite a few years now then. congrats on your promotion though cashew

Cashew

LAC
Latest Update

Latest Update

I have recently heard from a very reliable WO that they are looking for 18 cpl-sgt on this months board. Not too sure what the dates are though but definetly sitting this month sometime. Good Luck to those who are up for it!!

5 Sqn TCW, and loving it!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Comms_Lad

I have recently heard from a very reliable WO that they are looking for 18 cpl-sgt on this months board. Not too sure what the dates are though but definetly sitting this month sometime. Good Luck to those who are up for it!!

5 Sqn TCW, and loving it!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Got any ideas on the SAC>Cpl board, as in when its sitting and how many they are looking for??

Cashew

LAC
SAC usually sits about aug/sep, if the 18 cpl-sgt is correct then I would expect the numbers for SAC to Cpl will be slightly more as it usually is. My guess would be round about 30. If I here anything more will be sure to post it on the goat, are you close to getting you tapes then comms lad?

if so good luck!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Comms_Lad

SAC usually sits about aug/sep, if the 18 cpl-sgt is correct then I would expect the numbers for SAC to Cpl will be slightly more as it usually is. My guess would be round about 30. If I here anything more will be sure to post it on the goat, are you close to getting you tapes then comms lad?

if so good luck!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

With any luck have been in 8yrs (been naughty once or twice) and got substitution at the mo. Its depressing when you see people that have been in 4yrs getting picked up.

Cashew

LAC
I can understand your feelings on this one Comms lad, took me 9 to get my tapes. A bit quicker for my third though. There have always been guys and gals that have got promoted quicker than others, it can come down to circumstances, being at the right place right time and all that, and the strength of the person writing your report. Being a bad lad once or twice should not affect your career, as long as you learn from mistakes and become a better and wiser person from it. A formal warning as an LAC certainly made a difference in my attitude. Good luck for this next board, be sure to post it on the goat if you get picked up!

C

Comms_Lad

I can understand your feelings on this one Comms lad, took me 9 to get my tapes. A bit quicker for my third though. There have always been guys and gals that have got promoted quicker than others, it can come down to circumstances, being at the right place right time and all that, and the strength of the person writing your report. Being a bad lad once or twice should not affect your career, as long as you learn from mistakes and become a better and wiser person from it. A formal warning as an LAC certainly made a difference in my attitude. Good luck for this next board, be sure to post it on the goat if you get picked up!

Dont worry you will know if I get picked up for about 3 days all my posts will be slurred from alcholic celbration lol

kev827

LAC
One of my mates called the desk last week, he was told that the cpl-sgt board has sat and there is no cis tech sgt slots coming up, if any cis techs come of the board then they will have to become im's if they want thier 3rd. have heard that the same might happen with the sac - cpl board this year...if i hear anything else i'll post it....

P

Board suspended

Board suspended

The board is suspended, not been able to get a new date yet, although my c/clk is on to it.