• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl-Sgt 2018

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Will be an interesting one for me this year (not TG4 but our boards sit at the same time) - last chance before I start winding down and looking for my final tour. As much as I'd like to get picked up, the thought of chinning off SJARs, secondary duties and all other promotion-type cares is quite appealing!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Sits next week if the Manning board is correct...

Well, starts next week... you've got 2 weeks of it to wait through before you get any results (my board sits during the second week of yours). They're not giving out expected numbers any more either, are they?

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Well, starts next week... you've got 2 weeks of it to wait through before you get any results (my board sits during the second week of yours). They're not giving out expected numbers any more either, are they?

I don't think so as it builds up hope and they can never guarantee the exact figures. Historically the TG4 board has exceeded the initial (previously known) quotas and they are ramping up the throughput of trainees through the school at the moment so hopefully that will be indicative of a steady promotion level

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Well I'll cross my fingers for you all. Our board hasn't got above 20 in the last few years, and the average is about 10 a year. I think the linguists fared even worse, with a max of 2 promotions this year (and they wonder why everyone's jumping ship).

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
The board only sat last week.

The recent TG1 Cpl-Sgt PSBs were released on the manning site about 10 days after the board finishing.

TG3+1

LAC
This is the slowest Cpl- Sgt thread I've seen. Is it because they're slow getting the names out or are less and less using egoat?

chumpzilla

Sergeant
Having spoken to a couple of folk who have come off, pretty sure it is official as it's been passed through their respective CoC...!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Might be cos of the change to ECM, supposedly nothing gets released until all names are confirmed and the list is 'published'.

They're supposedly keeping things very close to the chest from now on - we'll see. RUMINT started flying round this morning of names getting released this afternoon, so someones got their finger in a pie somewhere.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
The list is out.

RANK NAME SVC NO LOCATION

Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********
Cpl ***** ***** ********