• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Continuance question again

Again this old topic, am looking at doing some more time, basically is the window of opportunity for continuance still open or is it closing or indeed closed? get different answers from the Drafter and from PSF, thanks

Mightierthan

Corporal
There's not a great deal of information on continuance - see AP3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 580. From my experiences in PSF, unless continuance is to complete a promotion course or similar, then there needs to be a 'pull' from the Service as well as a desire by the individual. That is to say, you can apply for continuance for personal reasons, but I personally doubt it will be offered unless it can be demonstrated that it would be beneficial to the Service to retain your particular skills and experiences for a finite time. If, for example, there is an ongoing task that has an end date of <3 years (the max for continuance) and nobody could ensure its success as much as you, then that will stand you in good stead. I did see a few cases being approved on a unit that was in the process of closing; obviously there was no sense in posting a bod in for a few months to do a job, so continuance was applied for and offered.

Hope that all makes sense!

T

tinks

At the moment applications are being looked at very much on a case by case basis and it does depend on your trade as to whether it will be approved or not.

I would speak with your PSF again and ask them to actually contact your drafter to see if an application would be entertained and then atleast you will know where you stand.

There is a review of the policy going on at the moment, so the rules/guidelines for continuance may change in the next couple of months!