• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Concerts

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Cowboy Junkies for me, at the Royal Festival House, closely followed bt Sarah McLachlan at Nottingham.

W

wearthefoxhat

This year I have been lucky/ unfortunate and have managed to see Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Madonna, Duran Duran, The Scissor Sisters and Joold Holland!
I'll leave it to you to decide on which ones my wife dragged me to and which I dragged her too!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Red Hot Chili Peppers Hyde Park on the By The Way tour, best ever.
Supported By "The Godfather of Soul" Mr James Brown top septagenarian entertainer.

Last saw Muse 3 weeks ago at the Newcastle Metro Arena, What a show !!!

M

mcdoodle

saw Kasabian and the |Fratellis on Friday, well worth a watch, saw dirty pretty things last tuesday, f*cking loud, but good. and went to Reading this year as well.
I think my favourite must be Kings of Leon, followed closely by I am Kloot.
By the way, I am Kloot are playing in Cambridge in January, if you can get there, its well worth it!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

M

mcdoodle

Watched Tenancious D at the NEC Arena on Friday and they friggin rocked!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

my oldest boy was there as well, he said that the support 'comedian' was terrible, i can only assume that this was to make 'The D' (as i'm now informed they are called) seem better:pDT_Xtremez_31:

R

ResidentTiger

Was dragged to Birmingham by my wife to see the famous toilet loiterer George Michael not my cup of tea but being surrounded by 30 something screaming girls was worth the trip, actually he was pretty good.

M

mad_mo

Ive seen Devine Comedy a couple of times, they are very good live.

The best to date for me has to be U2 on the ZooTV tour.

R

Rectifier

Got tickets to see Muse at Wembley on 17th June. Not been to a concert since the Jam farewell tour. Hope I'm not going to be the old giffer in the corner with his fingers in his ears. Anyone seen Bowling for Soup in concert? Might go see them in Glasgow

K

katinthehat

Not been to a concert since the Jam farewell tour.

Cant fault your taste there!!!
Desperately tried to get tickets to see Mr Weller this time, and failed!! Been trying to get to see him for 26yrs!!!!! (Still want his babies - the man is a genius!!)
Last concert I went to was a to see Edwin Starr at Ronnie Scotts in Birmingham. Excellent night.
Was supposed to have taken Stato to see Jools Holland as his birthday present - but fell pregnant, and ended up having my son the day before!! So that one went out the window!!!!

Must start and go again though - fancied seeing the Zutons as they played at Uni last month, but couldn't get a babysitter!!! Will see who they have this coming semester - had some great bands last one!!

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Got tickets to see Muse at Wembley on 17th June.

ME TOO.

Thanks for the reminder Rectifier, I`d forgotten about the extra dates.
C U there. Ps I`m an old duffer too. But I went to see them at Newcastle
and was nowhere near the oldest.

R

Rectifier

Yeah making it my New Years resolution to get out and see more concerts. Got a concert partner to go with aswell, strangely enough it's the Ex-wife, only because my daughter won't be seen out with the old giffer. Merry Christmas all

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Yeah making it my New Years resolution to get out and see more concerts. Got a concert partner to go with aswell, strangely enough it's the Ex-wife, only because my daughter won't be seen out with the old giffer. Merry Christmas all
Off Topic
Well it`s nice you still get on. Can`t wait. Whats the betting they put the MotoGP at Donnington on that day ... oh well rush down the M1 then.

Got tickets to see Muse at Wembley on 17th June. Not been to a concert since the Jam farewell tour. Hope I'm not going to be the old giffer in the corner with his fingers in his ears. Anyone seen Bowling for Soup in concert? Might go see them in Glasgow

Been to see Bowling For Soup twice now, great entertainment, good music and the guys don't take themselves seriously at all (unlike Electric 6) go for it, Bowling for Soup are great. (However I was the giffer in the crowd at 33 years old)

MingMong

Warrant Officer

I've got Muse tickets for the 17th too, thanks to them announcing a second date. I've seen Bowling for Soup before, and they are pretty good to watch, good entertainment value.

Also got tickets for Roger Waters at the Albert Hall next year and will definately be doing Download Festival again.

The list will grow and grow because i'm a live music addict.

JAFAD666

Flight Sergeant
Bonus the GP is the following weekend.

And seeing as I am Richard Branson Masquerading as a RAF lad and so many goaters are going, I`ll lay on a VIP box for us all .

R

Rectifier

Just done it, booked tickets for Bowling for Soup in Glasgow, thanks for the messages about them, looking forward to it now. Still got a hangover though

M

mad_mo

The strangest group ive seen to date must be the Polyphonic Spree.

Lots of hippies jumping about with brass instruments and long white gowns!!!.