• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Compulsory PT

airframe doctor

Corporal
Still if you want time off for personal fitness, there is always a post on the Hotel Lossie team. Running around cleaning carpets etc etc should keep some people fit!

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
On a certain Tonka GR4 OCU a JengO has bee given the training to take the groundcrew to the gym and carry out PT like instead of a PTI. All are encouraged to go but like everywhere else manpower is so short it is near impossible. Its not that we avoid it but as stated previously on this thread, who is going to fix the jets?

On a certain sqn, on the same airfield (with another thread about certain closure) there is also a Jengo who is said trained (both jengo are in fact "friends"). He attempts to get people down to the gym all the time even knowing there is so much work on in the hanger. He personnally threatened me with "the full process will be carried out"...to which i said "please do Sir"......he then proceeded to back peddle and say he would take us down the gym and get us fit.....i again said please use the proper due process". (He said i could expect a verbal warning, then a written warning, then further action....with about 3 months inbetween)

This "interview" was carried out with 3 of us in the room and it happened about 6 months ago...so far he has never got me down the gym and i have received no warnings.

I see the system is working then :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited:

Swingwinger

Sergeant
Still if you want time off for personal fitness, there is always a post on the Hotel Lossie team. Running around cleaning carpets etc etc should keep some people fit!

Nice one. Let me think about it...............................No thanks,might have to talk to Sir P of B!! Rather sh!t myself thin!!!

S

Smakheed

Maybe when the brodster gets back from eleveneriffe he'll enlighten us to his position on this subject.

Meathead

LAC
I know that Akrotiri and Episkopi has comp PT a couple of times a week...just what you need to get the brandy sour's out of your system after a night down the strip!

What will get my goat is that, even if they do bring in comp PT, you will still find lardarses stuffing donuts in the NAAFI, because of 'downgraded', 'time of the month', 'thyroid problem' .....these will be the same people who never go OOA!

Previous CO I worked for in Holland tried this. Wanted everyone to turn up to at least 1 of 2 sessions a week. Initial turn out was fair, but went down hill quickly from there. Bosses just couldn't release the guys who were already maxed out by covering OOA, leave, courses, guards, stn duties etc. Lasted about a month before he was advised that it wasn't going to work, especially as he had threatned to charge people who didn't attend. Would have had more people on jankers than in work.

But in these days of jointery, I thnk it will happen, but we will have to be like the spam army and wind up going for a 5 mile run at 6 in the mroning before we start work. Seen them do it! Not nice!

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
What's more important in your life?
Worrying about when jets/aircraft will get fixed or improving your personal fitness/well being so you can enjoy/prolong your life with the people who matter most to you?
I know where my priorities lie.

M

monobrow

Norm,

It's not about what we want though is it, our lords and masters want the jets fixed! I'd rather get in the gym than work, but can't get away with it!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Previous CO I worked for in Holland tried this. Wanted everyone to turn up to at least 1 of 2 sessions a week. Initial turn out was fair, but went down hill quickly from there.

Belgium was the same. Nearly all the people in International posts cried out that they were exempt, which left the few of us in UK National posts. Even then, turnout went rapidly downhill and I stopped going 'cos I was fed up with being one of 5/6 people.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Once upon a time on a certain southern Scotland fighter base the Station Commander decided to name and shame personnel who failed the fitness test in SRO's. As a way of getting the chaps down the gym, my boss on the highest numbered squadron on said base agreed to put the flying program back by an hour every Tuesday and Thursday. Great, everyone thought until a couple of weeks later a couple of line teams were needed in handle an early 2 ship. A week later the 2 ship became a 4 ship with rects cover needed and then, you've guessed it, Gym time became a thing of the past for the whole Sqn. Enough said.

S

Smakheed

What's more important in your life?
Worrying about when jets/aircraft will get fixed or improving your personal fitness/well being so you can enjoy/prolong your life with the people who matter most to you?
I know where my priorities lie.

Mine lie in the same place as yours, but when the seat to stick interface wants to know why his carraige isn't ready, I'll refer him/shim to you.

P

Pongo Pet Op

You'll still fail and it will still be because you can't cope with the slow ass starting pace.

All support is, of course, much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Just out of interest, why do they call you Smakheed?

G

grumpyoldb

Look here, "I look like Bruce's willie". You're the one picking on minor punctuation marks, now.

Haven't you got something better to do, like making sure the ashtrays have been polished in the mess?