• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commentators BAAAAAHH

Commentators BAAAAAHH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
This weekend and throughout many of the games I'v seen so far the commentators have really gripped my S**t some of their work is comical, yesterday it was stated that Kewell and Viduka's leaps both lacked conviction! they're Aussies, I thought convictions were a birthright!!!! Ok a bit pedantic but When I hear David Pleat I cringe as he tries to add inflection in to the names of foreign players to try to make himself sound worldly. He did however come up with this during USA v Italy,

"Brian McBride is arguably pound for pound the best striker in the Premier League"
followed by a strange gurgling sound as Clive Tyldesley tried not to gag. If you hear anymore of this nonsense report it here and lets expose the Charlatans, Mick McCarthy and even Motty have been awful.

U

UnknownLiney

I have to agree with you, the standard of commentating in this world cup has been poor to worse, and I would say you need to add another option to your poll one entitled "ALL of them".

At least some of the footie has been gripping to watch (Brazil vs Austrialia anyone?)

M

monobrow

why isn't gareth (ohhh i missed a penalty) southgate on there??

His commentary was bad on the england - T&T game. and he'll prolly be put on for others with ITV:pDT_Xtremez_34:

N

Notsoblunt

Unfortunately I cannot vote in this poll, as all the games in my neck of the woods have Spanish commentary!

Having said that, it is amazing how often 1966 is mentioned whenever England are playing - even by these foreign pundits!

Lorro/larro what ever the ex toshed prick is called... winds me up big time. prefer to listen to the kid commentators than that ar53hole:pDT_Xtremez_25:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
macthegooner said:
Lorro/larro what ever the ex toshed prick is called... winds me up big time. prefer to listen to the kid commentators than that ar53hole:pDT_Xtremez_25:

If you mean Mark Lawrenson, I agree with you 100%. What grips me, is if all these comentators are so critical of tactics and player selection then why aren't they top managers?

U

UnknownLiney

MingMong said:
If you mean Mark Lawrenson, I agree with you 100%. What grips me, is if all these comentators are so critical of tactics and player selection then why aren't they top managers?

Because being a manager is too much like work maybe?!!

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
Alternative Options

Alternative Options

In response to the previous posts I am trying to get Gareth Southgate, Mark Lawrenson, Ian Wright and all of them included as adittional options for the poll, thanks for Monobrow, unknown liney and MingMong for suggesting them

:pDT_Xtremez_28: