• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clingon

A less than flattering term used by Sqn engineers to describe their ground support counterparts when on detachment i.e. GSE Eng etc.

Clingons come in many shapes and forms - usually [[WAF]]'s with no real function on the det other than stroke the [[Stick Monkey]]'s fragile egos and give them something to unload their sacks in whilst away [[Dragon Ops]].

On det, the Clingons usually get a gucci hire car each. While all the engineers struggle with a couple of vans between the entire Sqn.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Or any REMF coming on a free holiday for that matter, OC accounts Flt, M.T. P'ed Flt, Padre.........

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Or any REMF coming on a free holiday for that matter, OC accounts Flt, M.T. P'ed Flt, Padre.........

Which includes many TG1 personnel too. A recent det I went on had 5 Eng Officers and 2 FS's with Reds & Greens to boot. And a fair smattering of SNCOs who had made-up jobs that were "very important", but whenever you tried to find these guys, they were generally "not in yet", "just left", "at the gym", "at the BX"....

Strange that the deployments to less-exotic places dont have the same level of management requirement.

Oberon305

Chairborne
Which includes many TG1 personnel too. A recent det I went on had 5 Eng Officers and 2 FS's with Reds & Greens to boot. And a fair smattering of SNCOs who had made-up jobs that were "very important", but whenever you tried to find these guys, they were generally "not in yet", "just left", "at the gym", "at the BX"....Strange that the deployments to less-exotic places dont have the same level of management requirement.
Ha ha!!! Perks of the rank/job! Yes, frustrating nonetheless. But, as the post is about 'Klingons' and it's meaning - its simply referring to any non-Sqn personnel on a 'Sqn' det. I've been away as bay support for a Sqn det many a time, to sunny, 'exotic' places, but also to some shiitholes.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Which includes many TG1 personnel too. A recent det I went on had 5 Eng Officers and 2 FS's with Reds & Greens to boot. And a fair smattering of SNCOs who had made-up jobs that were "very important", but whenever you tried to find these guys, they were generally "not in yet", "just left", "at the gym", "at the BX"....

Strange that the deployments to less-exotic places dont have the same level of management requirement.

Lets face it we've all seen our share of people coming out of the woodwork when a sunny Det appears, FOD SNCO, IPT's, QA, BAE reps, rolls royce rep, Bay SNCO's, F.S. police.......endless

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
REMF? Ha! Whereas lineys are right there on the front line?!

As far to the front line as your going to get in the RAF on a Flying Sqn. A fat Chief from the IPT who comes along with his golf clubs for a jolly to a sunny det is a REMF.

Perrin

LAC
could also mean:
faeces and/or toilet paper clinging to the rectal area; DINGLEBERRY

but the commmon meaning would be what most of the others have said, someone who goes on Sqn dets from other sections.

G

Gord

could also mean:
faeces and/or toilet paper clinging to the rectal area; DINGLEBERRY

but the commmon meaning would be what most of the others have said, someone who goes on Sqn dets from other sections.
I thought those little bit's of sh!te that for some reason clung to the hair's of yer arse were referred to as wilnots. ie No mater how much you wipe they just will not come off. Also called clinkers, depending on where in the world you may be.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I remember a couple of Dets to Cyprus on the one man one fan carbon fibre death provider, taking a bloody Mirror Tech with us.

Circuits you say? In 40'+ heat? Bugger off!