• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Classic and historic cars exempted from MoT

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Makes sense, especially if you consider how these cars tend to be driven and the type of people who own them.

G

grumpyoldb

Makes sense, especially if you consider how these cars tend to be driven and the type of people who own them.

Does that mean my flat cap and whippet are coming back into fashion? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Shugster

Warrant Officer
>> Classic and historic cars exempted from MoT. <<

Good or Bad idea?

At first I thought it was a bit stupid but after thinking about it properly I realised that the cars in question are probably the best maintained vehicles on the road.

Most do look after their motors, (Mine is 1971), but not everyone will. Given that most don't cover as many miles as your every day car maybe an MOT every two or three years might be better?

BillyH

LAC
They will still have to be roadworthy, tractors have never had to have an MoT. You can't get away with it lashed up with bodge tape and bailer twine.

BillyH:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
1974 Puch Maxi racing moped
1980 MZ250/1
1995 MZ301 Tour
1989 Mazda MX5
1994 Toyota Corolla

An MOT Break would be welcome. A tax amnesty would be even better. I'm not holding my breath.

Damn! missed out again...

Damn! missed out again...

Cut off date is 1960, so my 1962 Sunbeam Alpine will still need one. Bugger