• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Claims

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
Dear Shiny Happy People.

Just had a thought...doesn't happen too often so I'd better make the most of it.

Am I entitled to claim LSA for a resettlement course that was 350 miles away, residential and for 49 nights?

Also, is there a max mileage allowance for MMA? There seems to be a little confusion over this.

Thanks peeps.

D

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
MMA is paid per mile so there is no prescribed limit but cost would come in to it and the question of whether it would be cheaper to fly should be asked. Also, if you took your own car, which I presume you did, did you have the necessary insurance/authority and was service MT available?

As for LSA, were you able to get home at the weekends or did you stay on the residential course for the full period? If you managed to get home at the weekends then GYH Travel may be more appropriate; otherwise you are entitled to LSA.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
I did take my own car and had the journey authorised on a F363T. No MT available and I have business on my insurance.

The course was a full residential one which included weekends.

Thanks for the info HS.

D

Odie

Sergeant
I did take my own car and had the journey authorised on a F363T. No MT available and I have business on my insurance.

For resettlement, as you're entitled to a number of travel warrants, there's no need to ask if there's MT available - or have business insurance, nor is the mileage restricted.

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
For resettlement, as you're entitled to a number of travel warrants, there's no need to ask if there's MT available - or have business insurance, nor is the mileage restricted.

Thanks for that mate. There seems to be a lot of confusion here. It seems that everyone in the past has been told that they are only entitled to 150miles each way for resettlement MMA. I asked for the JSP ref. and no one could find it. Apparently, it was restricted to 150 because, "that's what we have always done and that's what I got told by the person before me". That sort of comment makes me dig my heels in. If I got told, "Sorry mate it's in JSPxxx", then no problem I'll suck it up and take the hit.

I wonder how much money is owed to people who have travelled more than 150 and not questioned it in the past?... Anyone out there been swindled?

D

Odie

Sergeant
Thanks for that mate. There seems to be a lot of confusion here. It seems that everyone in the past has been told that they are only entitled to 150miles each way for resettlement MMA. I asked for the JSP ref. and no one could find it. Apparently, it was restricted to 150 because, "that's what we have always done and that's what I got told by the person before me". That sort of comment makes me dig my heels in. If I got told, "Sorry mate it's in JSPxxx", then no problem I'll suck it up and take the hit.

I wonder how much money is owed to people who have travelled more than 150 and not questioned it in the past?... Anyone out there been swindled?

D

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, with references, from personal experience the 150 mile limit appears to be a load of bollards. I've been on 3 resettlement courses at the same place 168 miles away (336 mile round trip) and haven't had one claim rejected, questioned or the mileage cut back. :pDT_Xtremez_41:

Last edited:

Woodja

Corporal
Unless someone can tell me otherwise, with references, from personal experience the 150 mile limit appears to be a load of bollards. I've been on 3 resettlement courses at the same place 168 miles away (336 mile round trip) and haven't had one claim rejected, questioned or the mileage cut back. :pDT_Xtremez_41:

The supposed 150 mile limit is most likely a mis-interpretation of the following:

JSP 752 para 04.0132 said:
Exceptionally, where the distance is more than 30 miles, but not more than 100 miles, in each direction, the CO may authorise travel at public expense. In no circumstance is authority to be given for distances in excess of 300 miles per week for any one Service person.

But as this applies to education courses, not GRT activities, Dantura should be able to claim as far as he needs for his courses.