• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

City & Guilds Int Management Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SAMster

Oh Blue Suited Spooky ones,

It appears that our green slime brothers have done a deal with the City & Guilds to be the sole delegated authority for Senior Awards (Foundation Degree (SO3/FS), BA(Hons) (SO2/WO) and Masters (SO1) equivs) in Intelligence Management. Cost @ £80-120 depending on the level - claim back 80% with the Standard Learing Credit.
Same deal as the leadership and management blah one - but specifically Int oriented.... useful for jobs outside with SOCA/box etc later?

As D Int Corps paid for their award authority, they get to discriminate who gets it and suprise, suprise they ain't letting Air Spooks pee in their paddling pool, even though our training and recent joint/combined ops experience arguably matches theirs. Now that can't be right.

How many RAF Spooks would be interested in such a qual? If so, lets start making some noise about it.

If there's enough interest, we may be able to leverage to the Branch policy staff to take an interest in resolving this. A degree recognising our professional skills for less than £20 sounds pretty good to me.

The SAMster

:pDT_Xtremez_25:

"It's better to look good than be good..... is that right Boss?"

Already in use?

Already in use?

SAMster, a little bird tells me that our policy bretheren are already wise to this one and are personally testing the scheme - but I haven't heard of it being rolled out to the wider audience yet. Strange that . . . :pDT_Xtremez_41:

As an aside, unless the slime's training has dramaticaly improved over the last 2-3 years I'd match our newly qualified guys against theirs any day.

I'd second that, if anything the slime have watered down their already 1 dimentional JO course. Its no longer pass/fail!

As an 830 hero with nothing more that some bits of paper from school and the queen's shilling in my pocket, any qualifications going would be good!

Sign me up!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I

Inch High PI

Would that also be open to the new Int An trade and if so which ranks?

T

Treacle

Sounds interesting - Would love to hear more about it! Maybe our POlicy Brethern are not letting too much be known as we woudl get all quall'd up, take the advantage and bang out and joing other organistaions with slightly better morale packages and a less than 18mth det turnaround......just a thought!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

B

Bombe Suprise

Treacle said:
Sounds interesting - Would love to hear more about it! Maybe our POlicy Brethern are not letting too much be known as we woudl get all quall'd up, take the advantage and bang out and joing other organistaions with slightly better morale packages and a less than 18mth det turnaround......just a thought!:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Sweet, and I thought I was a cynic!

By the way, whats a morale package?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Status
Not open for further replies.