• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Christmas Charity Donation

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi All,

Chip recently posted a thread about the Goat giving a donation to charity and some good chat was had but I want to propose a new option. First of let me explain why I want the Goat back into the giving game...

For the old Goater's you'll remember we used to give quite sizeable chunks of cash to various charities because we could. We had the excess and this site is a not for profit endeavour (Myself, Admins and Mod's do this for nothing). The site ran a little sparse on funds for a while so we rightly drew the money belt tight and weathered the storm. As mentioned 11 months ago in my end of the year message I felt we'd be in a position to give again around about now...maybe not much but a bit as a start.

I propose £200this year and we'll see where we are in another 1 months (the more f you visit the site the more income from Adsense we get so keep visiting!).

I have found what I think is a very promising option. Its called PTSD Resolution.

We are now out of the Afgan hell hole but there is an enduring piece of work to get those affected by PTSD back on their feet whilst supporting their families. I think this little charity fits the bill:

http://www.ptsdresolution.org/

PTSD Resolution is a charity (No. 1133188) that helps Veterans, TA and Reservists who are struggling to reintegrate into a normal work & family life because of military trauma suffered during service in the armed forces.

The programme is community-based, with treatment and support provided locally. We have no salaried staff or assets at the charity: donations received are used to fund the cost of treatment by local therapists. We receive no Government funding.

Trauma causes flashbacks, nightmares, anger and depression - often leading to violence, alcohol and substance abuse, job loss, family breakdown and even suicide.

Through a nationwide network of 200 accredited therapists, PTSD Resolution provides treatment to enable Veterans and Reservists to resolve the mental health problems associated with military trauma that obstruct a normal range of family and work relationships.

Furthermore (and the bit I really like)

PTSD Resolution has no salaried staff, assets or fixed overheads. All funds are used exclusively to promote, support and pay for the counselling of armed forces' veterans and reservists in the community.

This small amount of money is actually noticeable to a charity of this size. Its not my money but all ours so I want to know that you think its a good idea to support this lot.

Let me know....Cheers Vim

FOMz

Warrant Officer
A very worthwhile cause indeed. I like smaller charities where money is used at the coalface and not just a drop in huge lake of unused money sloshing around like some.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
PTSD and mental illness will always get the green light from me as a worthy choice of charity!