• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Cording - Ex TG3 & BFBS Presenter

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Gutted to hear last night that Chris has died. His son is a good mate of mine. Was having a beer with both of them in the Woodstock Pub, Epi Village last time I was in Cyprus.

RIP Chris, thoughts are with Shabba & his mum.:pDT_Xtremez_21:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Sad news. Think Chris was a FS when he was broadcasting on BFBS in Cyprus in the early to mid 90s. Great character and perfect personality for radio, very easy on the ear. Remember his weekend shows well and I won a couple of prizes from them to boot.

RIP big fella.

S

Skyebucks

In the Cyprus summer of 2001, my wife and I were enjoying a meal in the Buccaneer. Half way through the meal the waiter approached me and whispered in my ear that a young lady had seen me from the bar and wanted to be remembered to me. He handed me a small business card that read ‘I have been an admirer of you for some time and it was about time... we should meet in secret’. My curiosity was sparked and just as I was about to turn round to see what she looked like I turned over the card. Instantly I knew what was going on. THE CHRIS CORDING BOOGEY BOX in big bold letters. Sure enough when I turned around there was Chris, Brandy & Coke raised. Huge cheeky grin.

You may be gone my old friend but you’ll never be forgotten.See more

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Nice Fella

Nice Fella

Knew him as a FS and an expat, nice guy, although he besmirtched my good name live on the radio on at least one occasion.

Hope they serve brandy sours where he's gone.

S

shimmeringbottom

Listened to Chris on BFBS during my Cyprus tour and met him a few times; what a nice fella. Thoughts to family - RIP.

cup of corrrfeee

3Chordwonder

Played gigs with my band alongside Chris and his Boogie Box. Top top man indeed.
I was also at swinderby with his son Paul.

Always remember his narcolepsy kicking in and falling asleep whilst actually doing his discos!!

Sad news.