• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chilli sauce

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Has anyone got a tried and tested recipe for making a hot sauce from chillis? I have several plants with loads of chillis (Apache) starting to ripen, I'm after making a sauce (insanity sauce taste-a-like ish).

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
This ones got a sweet tang but with the right chillis can be stupid hot.

Dissolve 4 oz sugar in 4 oz of hot water

chop 2 chillis leave the seeds in (adjust to taste I've gone to 4 scotch bonnet and that hurts)

add chillis to a can of tomatos and if you've got one use a hand blender on them.

let stand for an hour

Sieve (Keep the remains)the mix into a saucepan and simmer for about 30 mins until it gets to the required thickness.

let cool

you can the add the remains sieved earlier or not depending on whether you want a smooth sauce or not.

put it into an ice cube tray and freeze to use as and when.

My chillis(F1) have only just flowered let alone ripen

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Thanks for that, I'll give it a go. My chillis are Apache and supposed to be 80 - 100,000 SU, I chopped one up the other day and fed it to my colleagues who all said FECKING HELL followed by moaning for about 20 minutes, quality!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
You sir have grown a girls chilli...(At least you've got fruit though mine are still flowers)
anything less than a quarter million SU is for woofters..:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Enjoy :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
You sir have grown a girls chilli...(At least you've got fruit though mine are still flowers)
anything less than a quarter million SU is for woofters..:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Enjoy :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Maybe, 1st year at growing them, packet of seeds from a guy on the market. I'd like to see someone chomping a whole one! I like heat and as I said before, the taster was fecking hot. As for yours still in flower, leaving it a bit late aren't we?:pDT_Xtremez_19:

Obi Wan

Sergeant
No sauce ......But just split them slightly, Take 1 shot of Vodka from your favorite brand and consume etc.... force in a many "Split Chillies" as you can in the remaining vodka (Bottle) and leave until "Christmas" It will warm your cockles (and other extremities)

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Maybe, 1st year at growing them, packet of seeds from a guy on the market. I'd like to see someone chomping a whole one! I like heat and as I said before, the taster was fecking hot. As for yours still in flower, leaving it a bit late aren't we?:pDT_Xtremez_19:

The seasons are different up here in the arctic circle ..lol
I like the vodka idea......

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
I'm just starting out on the chilli growing adventure and am pretty excited.

Got some Orange Habaneros, Jalapenos and Ring of Fire on the go.

Should grow pretty well out here at the secret Mediterranean base!

This recipe looks nice...

chilli-jelly-recipe

Last edited:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I have Bhut Jolika and Maga Morich in my yard - 1.14 million SU

The sauce is amazing! For information, the hottest part of a chilli is the membrane that attaches seed to the flesh of the plant.

Twiggles

LAC
Just come back off hols to find a few of my plants drooping with fruit :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Going to do what I usually do with such abundance and get to pickling em.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I use the recipe out of Hugh Fernley Whittingstall's book and its nice if not a little too sweet...That ones not on line but this one was and most of his things seem to work:

This easy sauce is delicious with deep-fried squid, tempura vegetables and Thai fish or crab cakes. It will keep, sealed in a jar, for a week, and is the perfect thing to perk up all manner of dressings and marinades. Before serving, when the sauce is cool, add some chopped coriander if you like, too.

3 tbsp redcurrant or crab apple jelly
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 red chilli, deseeded and very finely chopped
1 small garlic clove, very finely chopped
A few twists black pepper

Tip all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and stir over a very low heat until the fruit jelly has dissolved and you are left with a silky syrup.

Bring up to a simmer and allow to bubble gently for a few minutes – this will mellow the harshness of the garlic. Set aside to cool and serve at room temperature. If the sauce re-sets to a jelly when it's cool, simply whisk in a splash of warm water.

Obviously beef up the chilli quantities!