• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chief of Air Staff

J

Jag Fag

I'd abolish all annual formal inspections - what a waste of tax payers' money and maybe we can get on with our proper jobs. I don't mind the odd parade - as long as it's for something worthwhile (rememberence Sunday and the like).

And I'd also get rid of Freedom of (insert town/city) and sunset ceremonies.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Make people accountable for their actions, not promote them and give them an OBE

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
accountable action's

accountable action's

Isn't that half the problem? We are now so accountable for our actions that it's scarey.......... As ACM I'd try to provide sensible top cover for the lads not just the commisioned master race (although some need and deserve the cover as well)...

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
rest have risen above me said:
Isn't that half the problem? We are now so accountable for our actions that it's scarey.......... .

Apparently not. There are some people who manage to fu*k every thing up, and get praised for it. They know who they are

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If I were C.o.s?

If I were C.o.s?

Make savings...but make sure the money I saved was kept by us to be spent on the items and manpower we really need.

Some may scream and wail of a loss of sense of history or military identity over what I am about to say but lean and overstretch are harsh bed partners..

Do away with three mess kitchens on each camp being under-utilised. Choose the nicest, most suitably sized mess of the three and everyone use it. Use the money saved on heat, power and staff to buy something useful, or perhaps give back a warrant or two to improve morale.

Do away with things like the sparrows and a band for each of the services (sometimes more than one). Even if sponsership is gained by some of these enterprises there will still be a burden on the defence budget. Just have one joint military band and show off front line aircraft (that are left) at any airshows that still exist. With the money saved buy a groundie or two for Lyneham and perhaps up the amount an SLC pays out to actually come close to a further ed. course fee.

I could go on but then it would turn into a rant! I'm sure there are more of these traditional, always been done that way situations that people out there can identify...I am in no way a militant and still enjoy what I do but if we get any smaller and further funding cuts appear it just won't be fun anymore!!

fatbaldchief

Corporal
FBC's Three Point Plan

FBC's Three Point Plan

Bring back:

1. Morale.
2. Pride.
3. Respect.

Piece of ****. Where do I sign? Anyone fancy a Pint?​

G

goatblower

take a massive pay rise, play lots of golf, stick my head up my own arse and look forward to the pension.........bugger....nothing new there then!!!!

F

FOMP

1. Ensure that all officers did at least 3.5 years in their tours so that the harvest of their ideas could be reaped!

2. Stop the publication of very expensive glossy publications that preach to the underlings about core values, decent behaivour, ethos etc.

3. Ensure that ALL senior officers read all the previously published glossy publications on decent behaivour, core values and ethos. (In other words practice what they preach, Remember Sir Peter H).

4. Tell the Government the truth about what is going on (for research read pPrune and e-Goat daily), As I would already be top of the tree so what can they do to me,(when they've sacked the sixth CAS for telling them the truth then HMG might start to think there is somthing to what they're saying).

5. Don't play word games on the TV when iterveiwed by the media, like the Army chief did on The BBC yesterday, when asked about tour lengths, recruitment and moral, as if the troops are going to tell him to his face when on a visit to Basrah. Tell it like it is, don't waffle.

6. (This won't be popular) Re-introduce proper 3 day Tacevals. Stop flying, practice realistic scenarios, let the "leaders" in each section do a bit of leading of their own troops for a few days. Get the Stn Cdrs to talk to their troops on the Stn tannoys, let them motivate, encourage, bollo*k us, like they used to.

7. Get round the stations and meet the troops in their workplaces, talk to the SNCOs "off the record".

8. Get us fit, not by the back door of thinly veiled threats. Every station every Wed PM have proper PT organised by the PTIs (isn't that what they are employed for). STOP FLYING SO THAT WE CAN ALL DO THE PT, NOT JUST THE GROUND CREW.

9. Tell the troops what is happening before the media does, what airfields are closing, when and why.

10. Stop all trade mags, RAF News, FOCUS, Stn Mags producing more than one article on RAF Expeds per edition, it really gives the civies the wrong idea.

11. Ensure that all IOT Cadets read Colin Powell's autobiography paying special attention to the chapters on his military service. Teach same Cadets some humility.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
FOMP said:
1. Ensure that all officers did at least 3.5 years in their tours so that the harvest of their ideas could be reaped!

2. Stop the publication of very expensive glossy publications that preach to the underlings about core values, decent behaivour, ethos etc.

3. Ensure that ALL senior officers read all the previously published glossy publications on decent behaivour, core values and ethos. (In other words practice what they preach, Remember Sir Peter H).

4. Tell the Government the truth about what is going on (for research read pPrune and e-Goat daily), As I would already be top of the tree so what can they do to me,(when they've sacked the sixth CAS for telling them the truth then HMG might start to think there is somthing to what they're saying).

5. Don't play word games on the TV when iterveiwed by the media, like the Army chief did on The BBC yesterday, when asked about tour lengths, recruitment and moral, as if the troops are going to tell him to his face when on a visit to Basrah. Tell it like it is, don't waffle.

6. (This won't be popular) Re-introduce proper 3 day Tacevals. Stop flying, practice realistic scenarios, let the "leaders" in each section do a bit of leading of their own troops for a few days. Get the Stn Cdrs to talk to their troops on the Stn tannoys, let them motivate, encourage, bollo*k us, like they used to.

7. Get round the stations and meet the troops in their workplaces, talk to the SNCOs "off the record".

8. Get us fit, not by the back door of thinly veiled threats. Every station every Wed PM have proper PT organised by the PTIs (isn't that what they are employed for). STOP FLYING SO THAT WE CAN ALL DO THE PT, NOT JUST THE GROUND CREW.

9. Tell the troops what is happening before the media does, what airfields are closing, when and why.

10. Stop all trade mags, RAF News, FOCUS, Stn Mags producing more than one article on RAF Expeds per edition, it really gives the civies the wrong idea.

11. Ensure that all IOT Cadets read Colin Powell's autobiography paying special attention to the chapters on his military service. Teach same Cadets some humility.

Hear hear. FOMP for Chief of Airstaff.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
Cas

Cas

If I was Chief of Airstaff,

When your Annual Fittness test was due you would have to report to the gym with your kit bag containing all your RAF issue kit. if you fail AFT, then you take kit to clothing stores, hand it in, drop your F1250 at PSF and out the gates with no pension.

T

Twonston Pickle

Bitburger,

If that was the test then most people would pass; have you ever tried lugging every piece of kit you own!

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Bitburger said:
If I was Chief of Airstaff,

When your Annual Fittness test was due you would have to report to the gym with your kit bag containing all your RAF issue kit. if you fail AFT, then you take kit to clothing stores, hand it in, drop your F1250 at PSF and out the gates with no pension.
An excellent idea, bit, and it sounds very familiar :D

But why stop with the fitness test. If I was in charge, it would be the same for CCS, OFT and indeed a doctor’s appointment. The moment you are downgraded, you are immediately discharged from the airforce. With this idea in place we would be reduced to 7 people within a year.

M

M_for_Mother

I am the Chief of the Air Staff.

Right now I'm cruising E-Goat, and then I'm going to have a nice cup of tea. Later, I'm considering having a w@nk.

ACM Sir Jock Strapp
CAS

S

shoutingwind

i'd make sure
- there was ice cream in the mess
-officers didn't treat us like idiots
-teach the managers to actually manage and not mess everyones life up (miss ex oc eng) and teach everyone else to LEAD not manage (but to cope)
-open all the cool places the old timers are always going on about
-invade the bahamas- i want to work some where nice for a change