• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charity suggestions please!

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Ladies and gentlemen (and FOMz)

We would like the membership to be involved in the choosing of a worthwhile charity associated with the forces that we can support.

Ideally we would like to support one of the smaller charities so that the money we can be put to immediate use helping those who matter most!

We believe the membership should be involved in the process of choosing where their donations should be used to support.

Please add your suggestions and why we should support them, we will create a poll containing a shortlist at some point so the membership can choose.

Last edited:

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
instead of money where you have no idea where it goes, do what i do, pass a homeless person (you can tell the genuine ones) and go to a Gregg,s and get a hot tea and a bacon roll.

never do it in front of people, homeless still need dignity.

you never know if you could end up there (easy done) and a I've have loads of hugs, that's the best feeling ever.

ive come scarily close to it from a 50 grand a year job.

never take anything for granted.

O Rly!

LAC
Subscriber
All worthy suggestions so far. Why not start the poll with existing suggestions and disburse the monies proportionatly.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I'd like to throw Veterans Aid into the ring...

http://veterans-aid.net

As a web site we had previously supported them about 8 years ago and if I remember rightly RAFburd has done a charity run on their behalf as well.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I know that by rights we should be supporting Service charities looking after our own who perhaps have given a little more in the line of duty.

But I'd like to throw The Rainbow trust into the ring as my recommendation. (LINK)

I've seen a lot of what these guys do about providing support to families with a terminally ill child - I can't for one minute begin to comprehend the pain that parents have to endure watching their children slip away before their very eyes, so to me it makes the work that these guys do seem that little bit more important.