• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Catterick

mememe

Corporal
off there in a few weeks for work. Can anybody recommend a good hotel within a taxi ride of the camp as I'll be *u**ed if I am staying in their messes.
Thanks.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Don't know if it's changed recently, but last year the Angel did not do breakfasts. The Bridge Hotel is actually at Catterick Bridge, just opposite the Racecourse.

There is a nice little B&B opposite the Angel, or, if you want a full blown hotel, there is the Kings Head in Richmond market place. Alternatively, the Buck Inn on Newbiggin has excellent food and decent rooms for about £40 a night.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Which part of the camp are you working in, it'sa pretty big place? Cabs are easier to arrange from Richmond. If you have any other queries let me know.

mememe

Corporal
Which part of the camp are you working in, it'sa pretty big place? Cabs are easier to arrange from Richmond. If you have any other queries let me know.
Got a meeting, only know the guys name so far.
Thank you to everyone for advice.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
A cab from Richmond will cost a bit though. The Bridge is only about 2 miles from the gate. Better than 7 or 8 from R.:pDT_Xtremez_09:

dkh51250

Sergeant
That's to the former RAF Catterick, now known as Marne Barracks. Richmond to the Garrison is 3 miles. I know, walked it many a time.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
That's to the former RAF Catterick, now known as Marne Barracks. Richmond to the Garrison is 3 miles. I know, walked it many a time.

It may be 3 miles to the Garrison, but it is about 7 to Marne. I know, I've walked it... :0 (4.2 from Richmond to the Bridge)