• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cash for CDs & DVDs

I'm having a bit of a sort out after moving recently and Mrs Sixty is whingeing again about the amount of CDs and DVDs I've accumulated since as a teenager and, for once, she's right.

Does anyone know of any good dealers in CDS/DVDs who'd take them off me; particularly centred around the Cambridgshire area. I've got over 1000 CDs of all genres and over 100 DVDs and would rather have these go to a bona fide dealer than the online cashback route (musicmagpie, etc) if I can as they don't give much in return but I may have to as a last resort. Cheers all.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Just take them to CEX.

You wont get much for them but if you are getting rid you might as well have a few quid in your pocket to none. I assume you don't watch\listen to them anymore?

If you are doing computer games go on the CEX website, note down the price they are offering and Gamestation will beat their price by a pound. If you have 10 games that £10 on top straight away.

Indeed, I don't listen to them on disc anymore (all on iTunes & iPod) but there are a few I'll retain (signed by artists, etc.) and I've ripped all of my DVDs to an external harddrive for tours.

Forgot about CEX and Gamestation but it's the hassle getting them to store (30+ Ikea racks of CDs alone). Doing a car boot would shift some but probably not most. Ideally I'd like someone to take them away so if anyone knows of any mates/acqaintences who are into buying/selling music/DVDs..?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Doubt it

Doubt it

Would have thought it unlikely someone would come and collect unless you are talking about collectable CDs.

You could try putting the job lot on ebay with buyer collects.

From a recent visit to Blockbusters they appear to take second hand DVDs in (not sure about CDs) as it formed a part of his post rental sales patter.

Maximise Effort and Price - Ebay one by one or by collections.

Minimise Effort and Price - CEX/blockbuster or similar.

Wouldn't bother with Car Boots as your popular ones will get snapped up and you'll still be left with a most of the obscure ones.