• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can this be repaired?

F

fnusnu

Hi everyone,

I'm nowhere near IOT myself yet (transferring and commissioning in hopefully), however my mucca is starting in the next month or two. I've seen a mess kit that I think he will interested in, but it has some damage.
I was wondering if a decent tailor will be able to repair it or not bother? The wiastcoat and trousers are unused and available for £40.
Hopefull I'll be looking for mess kit myself at some point and will be checking out these boards, Cheers!

Attachments

• 010[1].jpg
    010[1].jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
G

gemarriott

no idea if it can be fixed but the previous owner should've worn a bib the messy cnut!

S

scaleywife

I am nowhere near a tailoress... though my skills with wondaweb are a sight to behold.... it looks like it is a facia attatched to the lining though so a good tailor should be able to unpick it and sew in a new one?

F

fnusnu

Cheers for the replies.
I was also wondering how much these jackets can usually be altered by? My mate is average and it shouln't be a problem (think this jacket is 40" a tent on me).
I'm 36" chest so what size could I reasonably get with altering in mind, in case I can't find a 36"?
I've already been down the stores to sign a chest out with no joy and am working on it in the gym!

Who? Me?

SAC
Why?

Why?

If you're starting IOT, or your friend is, then you'll be issued with a new set of mess dress anyway.

F

fnusnu

Excellent! We were both under the impression we would have to buy it ourselves (being pongos) as the Army have to buy their own.
I knew No 1 dress was issued but No 5 would be a bonus.

Last edited: