• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Calling all ex Leeming and Finningley Jetstream Linies and Techies.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts

April 30th 2019 is the 40th anniversary of our move from Leeming to Finningley so myself and Mick Andrews are proposing that we have a get together for a few drops of the wet stuff on Saturday 11th May in Doncaster.

If you fancy a wet and a good old reminisce let myself or Mick know so that we can forewarn the Sally of a possible drinkathon in their excellent establishment.

depthdog

LAC
wat, no replies!?
i am in florida so no can do.. but was at leeming in '77-'78. i bump started a navy gannet with a jet stream once, he gave us a great beat up... hope you get some peeps.. cheers anyway!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I remember the occasion well but can't remember the Jetstream runner.

Check your PMs.

6A1

SAC

April 30th 2019 is the 40th anniversary of our move from Leeming to Finningley so myself and Mick Andrews are proposing that we have a get together for a few drops of the wet stuff on Saturday 11th May in Doncaster.

If you fancy a wet and a good old reminisce let myself or Mick know so that we can forewarn the Sally of a possible drinkathon in their excellent establishment.

Barch,
Unfortunately can't make it. Having done Jetsteam from it's restart in 75 including the Prestwick course, it was generally a very good outfit once we got away from Leeming. Week prior to leaving out of 11 a/c available, the aircrew were lucky to get one serviceable enough to fly. We flew to Finningly on the Friday with quite a few red lines including a primary flight instrument - a hole in the panel. Monday morning out of 11 a/c, 2 were in the shed and the other 9 were available to fly. And so it went on with a sometimes 100% "S" rate. One of the best shower of guys that I have ever come across for a non front line outfit. A very good training ground for newbies out of Halton and a steep learning curve into the liney social scene. the OC - "Cpl" Weaver, the FS - John Parham, Mick Meyer - rigger chief -RIP, Jules Lee - another RIP plus all the rest who made it a great but short tour.
Hope that you have a few buckets in the manner that you started. LesG

insty66

Corporal
Are there many interested in this?

I did 2 stints there, 84-85 and then 89 until it was civillianised. A brilliant first posting and then a great place to be after secondment to Saudi

Best part was the people & shifts, worst was no-neck & FS Honey.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Are there many interested in this?

I did 2 stints there, 84-85 and then 89 until it was civillianised. A brilliant first posting and then a great place to be after secondment to Saudi

Best part was the people & shifts, worst was no-neck & FS Honey.

Seem to be about half dozen or so of us up to now,

Who were 'no-neck & FS Honey?

insty66

Corporal
Seem to be about half dozen or so of us up to now,

Who were 'no-neck & FS Honey?

A pair of ex Vulcan crew chiefs or similar, no neck was there for both my tours, rects controller and then somehow created a chief's role on the line on my second time, a proper non job.

Steve Honey was the FS, bit of a back stabber, couldn't get away with what he did to me these days now.

I