• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British Sailors released from Iran

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Looks like dinnerjacket is hoping that bullsh1t does baffle brains.

From our standpoint it is and obvious face-saving excercise, a bit like 'giving' all of your cash to a mugger with a gun.

Even though I hate saying this, I hope that our illustrious leaders wait until the guys are in the UK before releasing any statements that counter the Iranian b0ll0x.

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Looks like they got nice new suits ot of it!

Poor feckers having to be nicey nicey to the Iranian Terrorist that masquarades as a president

fatbaldchief

Corporal
A lot of hassle for a free Shellsuit if you ask me.
Were those craft manned by purely Liverpudlian sailors?
:pDT_Xtremez_35:

C

cyder

So they got to shake hands with the Irainian President.... thats got to be beter than shaking Blairs mit.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
and now when the poor buggers get back green slime are to quote Captain Kevin Darling 'going to pump them thoughly in the debriefing room' they will probably wish they were back on ship!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
As long as it's not a False Release, they have done it before..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4427096.stm

Funny, but that was the first thing I said when I heard the news. They're not home until they set foot in the UK, but it would be suicide for the Iranians to mess about with them now.

The bit I liked from I'madinnerjacket's speech was "I'm asking Mr Blair to not put these 15 personnel on trial because they admitted they came to Iranian territorial water."

That's a relief!::p:

mightyhunter

Sergeant
Naturally, the European Union has praised Britain's "restraint." We've now got another synonym for cowardice.
I've always respected the Brits and quite liked those I worked with when in uniform . . . but I'm starting to wonder if I bought into a legend. While criticizing our military's approach to everything, the Brits made an utter balls of it in Basra - now they're bailing out, claiming "Mission accomplished!".
WHAT A TRANS-ALANTIC, INBRED PR!CK.
::/:

M

mad_mo

It's just been reported that the released are to be flown by helicopter to RMB at Chivenor from Heathrow.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Why have they brought them back here? Surely they should be back on their ship.

10 days unofficial R&R in Iran, and they want time off . . . . :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Glad to see them back safe.

G

grumpyoldb

Interogation............erm..............de-brief.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

W

wgaf

Did anyone see them on sky news, the sky correspondent was pointing out that one of them hadn't been shown at all over the previous 13 days and he was the only one not smiling and waving. Makes you wonder if he's just told the Iranians to poke their 'confessions' and news conferences.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Did anyone see them on sky news, the sky correspondent was pointing out that one of them hadn't been shown at all over the previous 13 days and he was the only one not smiling and waving. Makes you wonder if he's just told the Iranians to poke their 'confessions' and news conferences.

Wasn't the boarding party Cmdr by any chance?

M

mad_mo

lhr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.