• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Branch Get Together - 07

• Thread starter DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

speaking of the branch conference- any one planning to go - any decent topics of debates?? Need a good drinking team to meet up with!? Know you can't go stella - as I couldnt either when I was with you lot, but apparently there is now a gap inmy diary!

stella

LAC
I haven't got any burning topics but it would be interesting if they say anything about needing more SO3s to go to theatre

C

Cat of Shadows

Dear all,

I have moved this from the TIB thread as I thought it a better place to prompt discussion for this year. As ever pse keep your OPSEC and PERSEC in mind, but by all means crack on with the chit chat about how so much will be discussed and little acted upon:pDT_Xtremez_21:

CoS

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

WHATTTTT???? Who has my log in?????

WHATTTTT???? Who has my log in?????

Glad I took the time to read on down the comments...logged in and thought "who the friar tuck started a thread pretending to be me???" It did confuse me - although apparently that is not too difficult. Worked it out now -Im a spook you know...clever sort we are!:pDT_Xtremez_34:

I have missed all the get togethers in the past few years so quite looking forward to seeing what it is all about. I know of a few members to sit in the bar with post dinner until breakfast! Are you going Cat? Im not leaving the emerald Isle territory if you, marshall or he who got picked up aint going...I will have no-one to banter to same degree of harshness!

No can do!

Padawans are busy with Jedi mind tricks over the 2 days... So us Spy-Gon-Ginn's are also pre-desposed...

No can do.... You'll have to build the Ikea Shed without me this time... Probably safer!

Have fun!

Last edited:
D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

No can do!

Padawans are busy with Jedi mind tricks over the 2 days... So us Spy-Gon-Ginn's are also pre-desposed...

No can do.... You'll have to build the Ikea Shed without me this time... Probably safer!

Have fun!

noooooooooo its all wrong!!!

C

Cat of Shadows

No can do!

Have fun!

Equally, I will not be attending.
After last years offerings which rated as high as trying to get our own spook flashes for uniforms, I would sooner eat my own body weight in p**!!

Besides, I'm a realist and no-one likes a realist. Only worth going if you're the UKs yellow spined butt snorkling suck up champion anyway...........I dare say the usual intake will have therefore signed up already ::p:

stella

LAC
After last years offerings which rated as high as trying to get our own spook flashes for uniforms, I would sooner eat my own body weight in p**!!

Besides, I'm a realist and no-one likes a realist. Only worth going if you're the UKs yellow spined butt snorkling suck up champion anyway...........I dare say the usual intake will have therefore signed up already ::p:

don't sit on the fence Cat!

On the other hand, there will be some realists there to bring up subjects like our agreement to support every task/OOA without question - all without the assistance of a snorkel!

But those that are above all that are probably better off muttering into their beer that no-one understands/listens to them whilst the rest of the Branch tries to find a solution.

C

Cat of Shadows

On the other hand, there will be some realists there to bring up subjects like our agreement to support every task/OOA without question - all without the assistance of a snorkel!

But those that are above all that are probably better off muttering into their beer that no-one understands/listens to them whilst the rest of the Branch tries to find a solution.

I apologise In Tor Wot.
Having had a cracking week as a result of being told I would be a father again.................to twins!!! The latter end of the week nose dived quite dramatically
Who needs substance use??!

stella

LAC
I apologise In Tor Wot.
Having had a cracking week as a result of being told I would be a father again.................to twins!!! The latter end of the week nose dived quite dramatically
Who needs substance use??!

gutted mate - when do the kittens arrive?

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

Off Topic Well done Cat!! Big shock to the system that ...how old are the current children?

Im sure the Cat family will be a happy family - the more the merrier!Off Topic

Branch Conference will be interesting me thinks....plenty to hear about!

Cat - accepted, congratulations, I thought you found out what was causing that the first time round?

More seriously though, before we get (yet) another briefing on the AWC's performance, what do people out there want to discuss? What are the burning issues?

My starter for 10 is:

The increasing OOA commitment without commensurate increase in Branch numbers

Lack of recruiting numbers to replace departing/promoted personnel

Increase of the Branch training margin to recognise the 2-2 1/2 training requirement

The RAF taking over OISGs/NICs as the Army have 'run out' of personnel - even though, according to AFPRB report, the Army have 790 officers overborne whilst the RAF and Navy are 450 and 50 undermanned respectively at the officer level (chart 3.2 http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/servingsoldier/condofserv/mm/afprb_report/afprb_2007.pdf ) .

Any others?

stella

LAC
Cat - accepted, congratulations, I thought you found out what was causing that the first time round?

More seriously though, before we get (yet) another briefing on the AWC's performance, what do people out there want to discuss? What are the burning issues?

My starter for 10 is:

The increasing OOA commitment without commensurate increase in Branch numbers

Lack of recruiting numbers to replace departing/promoted personnel

Increase of the Branch training margin to recognise the 2-2 1/2 training requirement

The RAF taking over OISGs/NICs as the Army have 'run out' of personnel - even though, according to AFPRB report, the Army have 790 officers overborne whilst the RAF and Navy are 450 and 50 undermanned respectively at the officer level (chart 3.2 http://www.army.mod.uk/linkedfiles/servingsoldier/condofserv/mm/afprb_report/afprb_2007.pdf ) .

Any others?

Am right there with you ITW, but I will have to leave you to fight these for me as I will not be there - good luck!

C

Cat of Shadows

Off Topic Well done Cat!! Big shock to the system that ...how old are the current children?

Im sure the Cat family will be a happy family - the more the merrier!Off Topic

Branch Conference will be interesting me thinks....plenty to hear about!

Thanks my dear, and Stella and ITW :pDT_Xtremez_08:

With current ages of the other 2, there will be about a 5 year gap between each from 10 - 5 - 0+, so I won't be 'house' clear of all of them until 2027!!!

Whilst shocked by the fact we are expecting 2, both of us are made up, as we had taken the decision to try for 'one more' in Feb, hoping to be on target on time towards the end of the year....................I'll leave you all to do the Math but Mrs CoS is now 10 weeks.

The nippers are non-identical twins and will arrive full term around 19 Dec, but twins are generally 6 weeks early so we're planning currently for the beginning of Nov..........about the time of my birthday.

Obviously the Marshall and TC were early notifications of the event, so more opportunities for ungodly godfathers to be named further downstream.

As for the Branch Conference??

Having said no, I'm actually undecided now. ITW has prompted my thought processes a little, which is justifiably required due to my virtual 'cocooning' from the branch here at the land of O&D and maybe I should be there.

I'll keep you posted.

As for subjects to discuss, spot on reference the OOA commitments vs quantity of new arrivals, but as for the figures for green slime and handover of OISGs to us, trust me, there will be some trench warfare involved there before that happens. Having worked with the buggers so closely this last 2 years, they are a sly bunch.

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

CoS - go on go on go on, ya will ya will ya will! See you at the conference...'bout time you faced the masses :pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

The croqueteer

Sy Bunch

Sy Bunch

As for subjects to discuss, spot on reference the OOA commitments vs quantity of new arrivals, but as for the figures for green slime and handover of OISGs to us, trust me, there will be some trench warfare involved there before that happens. Having worked with the buggers so closely this last 2 years, they are a sly bunch.

Cat

Agreed, they are a sly bunch. However ITW is quite correct, the handover has already happened across a variety of posts including OCs. I never thought I would see the day they would give up some posts - but they did. They came cap in hand saying the cupboard was bare - could we help. And lo, we did. For how many rotations I know not, but people have been getting pinged with around a couple of weeks notice to get out for up to 6 months.

The Deskie came fishing round my neck of the woods looking for det fillers various. The response was - if the post is one deep and you can afford to let gsomeone go for 8 months then you don't need the post.

So a definite agree - OOA issues and our inability to say no must get air time.

...And when you can get Jake in a Zafira - agreed also

How about a re-attack on the HW thing? Now that even the scribblies are moving there are we sure la elephant rose is the future and hub of all things?

....Or even better 'What are your 3 priorities for the next year?' Remember that one?

1. Need more recuited and through IOT ... (Only 1 on current mid term course)
2. Need reselection to speed up - SIGNIFICANTLY... Get rid of dross , but if they are good, lets 'ave em!
3. PLEASE fill the next JAKE
4. Same as above 3 but for the Trade! But More urgently!!!!!!!! ALARM RED!
5. Why are scribblies doing the job in 15POG that is made for one of us!???

6. What coulour should the badges be? :pDT_Xtremez_06:

1. Need more recuited and through IOT ... (Only 1 on current mid term course)
2. Need reselection to speed up - SIGNIFICANTLY... Get rid of dross , but if they are good, lets 'ave em!
3. PLEASE fill the next JAKE
4. Same as above 3 but for the Trade! But More urgently!!!!!!!! ALARM RED!
5. Why are scribblies doing the job in 15POG that is made for one of us!???

6. What coulour should the badges be? :pDT_Xtremez_06:

MORAF - agreed on all points, you going to be there?

BTW - 15POG went south from the Branch in 1998 when the rocks went in there and changed the job spec from 'Ops Spt (ANY)' to 'Ops Spt(Rgt)' and our Branch sponsor at that time made no comment or complaint as it 'wasn't our core business' :pDT_Xtremez_17:

Croquet boy - you going?

P.S. The badges should be sand coloured

T

The croqueteer

Get together

Get together

Yeah

I'm going. I want to see them explain their OOA 'strategy'.

Status
Not open for further replies.