• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BOSE Sound touch 130

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I've been browsing home theatre systems lately and think I may have settled on the above for my needs. Have any goaters on here got a similar system?

Whatever I do end up getting it needs to be a decent enhancement to movies / games, dual voltage, easy set up, minimal wires as I just can't be arsed with the things trailing everywhere, expandable and capable of playing my music library throughout the house.

Any suggestions?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Sonos Playbar, Sub and a couple of 3s, makes a good av systems and can be expanded and integrated into your whole home system, Playbar is my list this Christmas, might get one earlier if the opportunity presents.

Got Play 1s and 3s dotted around the house and very impressed in the way it works.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
The SONOS Playbar looks to be a decent alternative. A similar price as well via Best Buy but for some reason the BX only offers the Bose tax free....

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have a house-wide Sonos set-up. As all the occupants of my house are closer to 60yo than 20yo, the quality is a little bit wasted on our ears. Having said that, it's dead simple and I don't get any complaints about the dreaded wires.

A tip for anyone going for wireless hi-fi. Avoid bluetooth. While it's still good quality most of the time it can be a bit irritating when you get the "stutters" due to interference.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I believe the BOSE unit I'm looking at links to the Sub woofer via 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi whilst everything else such as streaming music, phones, tablet etc talk on the 5Ghz network. Hopefully little chance of interference this way. :)