• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boot Laces...

big_dawg

LAC
Im currently in the process of procuring the required items from the kit list for my basic reserves recruit training course. One of the items is spare boot laces, the question is what length laces (they seem to come in 100cm, 140 cm lengths etc) are the best fit for issue boots and should I buy the flat or chord type?

Ive searched the site and cant find the answer, so Im hoping someone will enlighten me as I want to make sure i get all the right gear!

Many thanks,

BD

FOMz

Warrant Officer
There's no right or wrong, everyone has their own preferences. Just as long as they're black and long enough. If they're too long, just cut them down or wrap them around the top of your boot.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Ask at stores if you can get the new velcro fastenings for your boots, that will save having to take spare laces.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I dunno mate, They teach these new recruits some new fandangled way of doing it so that there's not much lace left over.

G

gemarriott

I think you're all being very cruel, FFS the poor wee lamb asked a perfectly reasonable question and you lot just take the p1ss!

FFS nobody has even mentioned left hand knot laces aren't allowed:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

Moz_Magister

here's something about laces that maybe someone can explain to me,

Swinderby NAAFI used to sell boot zips but anyone who tried to use them got put on a charge

(I've spent 20yrs trying to work that out)

big_dawg

LAC
I think you're all being very cruel, FFS the poor wee lamb asked a perfectly reasonable question and you lot just take the p1ss!

FFS nobody has even mentioned left hand knot laces aren't allowed:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Dont worry im used to such banter, I was once an apprentice aircraft fitter :pDT_Xtremez_15:

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
they were only for air cadets who hadn't quite mastered doing up laces without the help of their mummies..... I know cos dum dum dum I had some!!!