• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boat Fishing from Ilfracombe, North Devon

M

morehelp

Greetings E-Goaters,

My name’s Mike Good and I’m one of a small group of ex-RAF mates (ranging from SAC to Air Commodore!) living in Devon who get together to fish out of Ilfracombe. Sadly, we’ve lost a few people from our little pool since last season (and another has caught golf, which is incurable and distorts priorities) so we’re looking for some more like-minded souls to join us – hence this invitation.

We charter Paul Barbeary’s excellent boat “Osprey” (www.ospreycharters.co.uk) out of Ilfracombe, North Devon, and we try to get out at least once a month between March and October – it ceases to be much fun after that. And that’s what we’re all about – relaxed fun-fishing with nobody taking it too seriously.

We usually fish during the week – there’s less demand then, and it’s a bit cheaper. We typically sail at about 0800 and we’re back in by 1700hrs. Cost per person is simply a matter of dividing the cost of boat hire by the number fishing. Paul charges £260 a day during the week (£270 at weekends) and, ideally, we like to take 8 or 9 anglers to keep the cost down to around £30 without overcrowding the boat. We don’t normally go with less than 7. We fish a whole range of marks in the Bristol Channel and, if tides, weather and inclination coincide, we occasionally venture out to Lundy Island where the fish are bigger, more plentiful and have suicidal tendencies. This incurs a small fuel surcharge.

So, if anybody would care to join us, I guarantee a warm welcome. Drop me an email (mikegood280@googlemail.com) or give me a ring (01884 822938 at home, or 07901 388448 mobile).

Arrrr don't get hardly any fishing in these days unfortunately.
I'm not in your region either to be able to take advantage of your offer.

But tight lines anyway and mind that Lundy Island 'No Take Zone'

KFB