• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bleep test preperation

D

DRK5390

Just a quick question..

I have my PRTC and RTS coming up very soon and have maintained my fitness levels since my PJFT.

I can do 1.5 mile runs in 10-11 mins no probs but i havent done the bleep test since year 10 at school so like 4 years ago!

As its not just a test of your stamina, what is the best way to train for it? I've started doing a combination of 2 mile jogs, 1.5 mile runs and 20 mins fartlek running throughout the weeks with rest days inbetween. Is this a good way to prepare for the test and improve my fitness before i start RTS?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Just a quick question..

I have my PRTC and RTS coming up very soon and have maintained my fitness levels since my PJFT.

I can do 1.5 mile runs in 10-11 mins no probs but i havent done the bleep test since year 10 at school so like 4 years ago!

As its not just a test of your stamina, what is the best way to train for it? I've started doing a combination of 2 mile jogs, 1.5 mile runs and 20 mins fartlek running throughout the weeks with rest days inbetween. Is this a good way to prepare for the test and improve my fitness before i start RTS?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

The MSFT is a stamina test, it tests your VO2 Max level basically your maximum capacity, as the test progresses it stabilises at about 4 secs a length, A variety of training will help you out in RTS but if you are worried about the fitness test, the best way to prepare is to download it to your ipod and practice, google MSFT and bleep tests will get you some smart tips to make it easier.

lilgurn

LAC
get down your leisure center mate and do some Les Mills classes, there real good for agility (intermediate) and also get some circuit training in as its pretty much 50% shuttle runs for an hour :p Good workout on your muscle endurance in both activities by the way...

D

DRK5390

doesn't matter now! Im at RTS and passed the RAFFT on day 02! 11.7 i got too so all good:)

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
doesn't matter now! Im at RTS and passed the RAFFT on day 02! 11.7 i got too so all good:)

11.7!

No wonder the level we need to reach each year is going up! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Good to know some people who join can actually pass the RAFFT though! :pDT_Xtremez_30: