• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bike licence info

Parky

Corporal
If the 600s sound too much for you, Maybe you would like to look at the other slightly smaller less powerful but totally useable 500s that are out there.

GPZ500, CB500, GS500. All good bikes with much better tyres than the 125 has.

But i can recommend the 600 Bandit as a very capable bike that is forgiving when you are a little heavy handed and it need be will keep up with the big boys on a run through the twisties all be it with alot of up and down through the gears.

my list of bikes over the last 10 years
CB125 wet dream
gsxr400
XJ900 Divvie
bandit600
bandit1200
CBR1000F

The last 2 being beasts the first2 and the bandit 6 great for beginners/born agains and the divvie falls somwhere in the middle great for mile munching.

Speed Camera's

Speed Camera's

does anyone here know what end of a mobile speed camera, that the actual speed camera is???
I thundered past one the other day one the A40 at the speed of a thousand gazells, but i approached from the front of it and suspect that as I think the camera is in the back shoot people on the other side of the road.
One wouldn't be too arsed but one more fine and one will lose their license. Whats worse is that one's bird's feckin 'psychic' (eh?) predicted this would happen and i dont want to admit to her she is right!
I am in a mortal state of terror whenever i see the postman arriving, not because he may deliver my driving ban but because he looks like gollum with a beard and postage sack.

Parky

Corporal
does anyone here know what end of a mobile speed camera, that the actual speed camera is???
I thundered past one the other day one the A40 at the speed of a thousand gazells, but i approached from the front of it and suspect that as I think the camera is in the back shoot people on the other side of the road.
One wouldn't be too arsed but one more fine and one will lose their license. Whats worse is that one's bird's feckin 'psychic' (eh?) predicted this would happen and i dont want to admit to her she is right!
I am in a mortal state of terror whenever i see the postman arriving, not because he may deliver my driving ban but because he looks like gollum with a beard and postage sack.

It is usually the side that the door is open on.

S

sands-gigolo

Tin Basher, welcome back to the land of fresh air and open roads, freezing fingers and knees that won't straighten in the winter!

Reading all the replies here its seems obvious everyone reason for biking and the type of bikes are different so heres my 10 pennith worth of sageness!

The old Honda CG125, well the original Jap ones must be a min of 20 years old as they started making them in brazil in the mid 80's which reduced the quality control of them, but if you can get a tidy one it will cope with your 6 miles either way. To get one of these you will need to do a CBT which costs about £60 and takes a couple of hours to do.

But as a more mature rider you can go up to a bike that produces upto 33 bhp, there are quite a few bigger bikes that have been detuned to do this and if you pass your test they can be easily converted back to full power. However if your not after a big bike have a think about either some of the JAP import 250 trail bikes which would still be economical but have a bit comfort and a little bit of go to get you out of trouble if you need to. My other suggestion would be one of the chinese (could all the petrol heads stop sniggering) bikes such as the Kaisar xtr 125, or Jinlun xr 125, http://www.chinesemotorcycledealers.co.uk/index.html they are seriously cheap to buy and run and gaining in reputation, even Motor cycle news has started to reccomend them.

Happy Riding S-G

Last edited:
M

Moz_Magister

You can ride one of these (Yamaha Dragstar 125) with just the CBT (they sound lovely too) - a scooter is just a hairdryer with pram wheels by comparison.
VT125C_Shadow_1024.jpg

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
You can ride one of these (Yamaha Dragstar 125) with just the CBT (they sound lovely too) - a scooter is just a hairdryer with pram wheels by comparison.
VT125C_Shadow_1024.jpg

Hmmm, I'm an ex-Long Hair demin clad warrior :)PDT_Xtremez_28:) too but that machine with anyone taller than 5 foot tall on it just makes the rider look like he's playing at being a biker (IMO).

69.jpg

I've got a 125 Peugeot Elesio and yes it's kinda like a scooter but it does the business so I don't really give a monkeys what anyone else thinks to be honest (he says tucking the shame away to the darkest recesses of his mind :pDT_Xtremez_26:).