• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bet you get fed up with these Questions - But can I have advice please...

V

Vanilla-Skies

Hi All,

Got my Officer Board very soon. I'm trying to get info on the training after IOT. The info I've got is very brief.

I'm hoping someone could message me with a little bit more info on what the training involves at Chicksands.

Thanks very much. :) Have a good day!

V

Vanilla-Skies

Yes loads & even attended two visits ay RAF Stations - at the AFCO they tend to be very vague and tell me everything I need to know is in the booklet and on the website. Both of which have a couple of sentances about Chicksands. At the visits, the IO said he wasn't too sure what he could and couldn't tell me - then ran back to his office!

I'm not asking the question on here from laziness - I have tried other sources but I'm getting no joy from any of them.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
not being funny fella, but if you speak to someone who is doing the job you are applying for, i am sure they will help you. i'm doing something similar at the moment and have been on several visits to different sections in the raf to gain knowledge and understanding. i have found everyone very helpful and doubt it has anything to do with the fact i'm currently serving. if the avenues you've tried have been unsuccessful then you are trying the wrong avenues. contact a section involved in your aspired trade and i'm sure they'll help.
:pDT_Xtremez_27:

V

Vanilla-Skies

FL - I thought that posting a question in this section would hopefully be answered by someone who'd be able to help as its the forum for my aspired trade - its not the only place I am seeking advice but thought I'd at least give it a go.

E

Eskimo

A 5 month (22 week) course called the Joint Air Intelligence Course (JAIC) at the Air Intelligence Wing of the Defence College of Intelligence at Chicksands.

Grounding in basic intelligence procedures, intelligence collection, intelligence agencies, recognition training, briefing and report writing.

Includes a unit security officers course, overseas campaign study and 3 consolidation exercises.

This is followed by a 4 month Combat Readiness preparation programme at AWC Waddington where you visit various units and exercises, watch how they work, give assessed briefs etc. Final one day exam.

This is followed by 4 months working in at the Air Warfare Centre at RAF Waddington. Then a overseas detachment.