• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best of British

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I was asked last night on Twitter to sum up the best of British character. I replied with the final words of Colonel ‘H’ Jones, CO of 2 Para in the Falklands War.

‘Sitrep, aircraft grounded because of weather. Artillery bogged down, mortar rounds expended. Outnumbered and outgunned. 2 Para are attacking....out”.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I was asked last night on Twitter to sum up the best of British character. I replied with the final words of Colonel ‘H’ Jones, CO of 2 Para in the Falklands War.

‘Sitrep, aircraft grounded because of weather. Artillery bogged down, mortar rounds expended. Outnumbered and outgunned. 2 Para are attacking....out”.

Brave, but foolhardy. His men won the battle after he was dead. He men won the battle because they got decent air support from the RAF that could have been there a lot earlier with decent communication between the services. Goose Green was decided by a brave late afternoon attack by 1 Sqn.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Having visited the place of his death it is hard to imagine how the events unfurled. The "valley" seemed full with only a handful of us present and the whole area a few small hills before the flat land that led up to Goose Green. Most of the battlefields in the FI are hard to imagine years later.......