• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bergan / Roll Mat Question ?

S

Sixty-Three

Need some advice on my Bergan from you guys please. Do you recommend putting a third rocket pouch on your bergan for extra kit and if so how would you advise attaching the roll mat ?

Thanks

Dragoon

Sergeant
Depending on what type of Bergen you have, if you have the standard RAF issue 'ammunition/engineers' Bergen, then I always used the straps at the bottom to strap it to.

I also had a long-back bergen for a while, I just used some bungie chords to strap it on anywhere it would fit, or put it under the flap of the bag.

S

Sixty-Three

I have a standard issue DPM Infantry Bergan ( Long Back ) if this helps ?

Climebear

Flight Sergeant
Need some advice on my Bergan from you guys please. Do you recommend putting a third rocket pouch on your bergan for extra kit and if so how would you advise attaching the roll mat ?

Thanks

I binned the issue one and have a 3/4 length thermarest - far more comfortable. I carry it inside the bergan between the back and the drybags that containt my kit).

If you don't want to buy a thermarest, you can easily cut down the rollmatt's length and width (you don't need it all) and store it there.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
Get to a decent camping shop
Get an inflatable roll mat
It's about quarter the size of the issue one and comes in it's own bag
That way it can fit in your rocket puch bergan with the rest of your kit
Far more comfy to boot also

P

Philsilva

you can easily cut down the rollmatt's length and width (you don't need it all)

Couldn't agree more! But just fold it up and put it between your bergan and the side pouch. You can zip it into place in seconds and it's out of the way but doesn't take up valuable space in your bergan :pDT_Xtremez_30:

timaloy

Corporal
You can get pussers thermarests issued instead of them crappy roll mats, You gotta ask yourself "do you really need an extra side pouch?? Is 120 litres not enough? unless its patrol kit like a medic pouch or something for the section

Red-Rock

Sergeant

Thanks
When you get your deployment kit you will be issued with the new thermarest roll mats. Much better than the old roll up mats and will easily fit into a side pouch when rolled or flat against the back of the bergan inside. Makes no difference what length the back is as it can be folded to fit. :pDT_Xtremez_30: