• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Beginning of the end

F

flikmabeen

The recent deploymnt of a well liked, Luton supporting SNCO to a nasty, sandy place is another example of the whole jointery thing going to far.

I've also heard that at least one section at PJHQ have been asked about whether Int Corps IA's could fulfil the role that RAF IAs currently do.

The trades in big trouble, and I'm totally pension-trapped.

H

horror gunt aubergine

The recent deploymnt of a well liked, Luton supporting SNCO to a nasty, sandy place is another example of the whole jointery thing going to far.

I've also heard that at least one section at PJHQ have been asked about whether Int Corps IA's could fulfil the role that RAF IAs currently do.

The trades in big trouble, and I'm totally pension-trapped.

Your not wrong fella. I recently heard the Int Corps are putting a proposal forward to CDS about taking over 39 Sqn's duties as we are 'completely inept' at getting the ground truth.

And I bet the RAF roll over and give in, without a single argument. We are ****ing pathetic!

woodgreen

LAC
Example: It's possible that my next Sgt Maj (who I will have to address this person equivilant to a RAF WO soon) is someone who undertook the UKIAC when we both were Cpls at the time. Don't get me wrong - I don't have a problem with how well an individual can progress through the ranks upon merit and do well with their career, after all I do know that the Int Corps does tend to promote quite quickly, but from what was rumoured within the community, the Army promoted this individual upon several occasions so they can move on this person. How fcuked up is that?

The thing I find most concerning about this example is that this Sgt Mjr has probably only done one IA operational det, and therefore has the trade ability of a senior LAC/SAC. Do they have to do CR checks?

Rosco151

LAC
Your not wrong fella. I recently heard the Int Corps are putting a proposal forward to CDS about taking over 39 Sqn's duties as we are 'completely inept' at getting the ground truth.

And I bet the RAF roll over and give in, without a single argument. We are ****ing pathetic!

As an IA currently posted on 39 Sqn, I can tell you that there is no indication whatsoever that this will happen. We currently have 4 Int Corp personnel on the Mission Intelligence Coordinator section, (as well as 10 RAF, 2 Navy and 1 RM, IIRC).

From what I've heard recently, the Int Corp will not be providing any more personnel once our current guys have cycled through. Can't say that's an absolute truth though...) We are getting a few more Int Corp guys on a temporary basis though.

As for our 'ineptness', that would be a completely groundless accusation. 39 Sqn has quickly established a reputation for reliability and professionalism, and every unit we work with is glad to have us working above them. I certainly can't see anyone 'rolling over' on this, if there's any truth to it whatsoever.

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal

So where did you get that little gem from then???

H

horror gunt aubergine

So where did you get that little gem from then???

The trade conference last month. It ruined things. People were not happy!

Also, the general feeling at MOD is that it is the RAF's fault 5(AC) is not working. It's being muted that by 2014 the only RAF personel on the sqn will be engineers and pilots. . . Not even back seat aircrew.

F

flikmabeen

The trade conference last month. It ruined things. People were not happy!

Also, the general feeling at MOD is that it is the RAF's fault 5(AC) is not working. It's being muted that by 2014 the only RAF personel on the sqn will be engineers and pilots. . . Not even back seat aircrew.

The scary thing is, I've heard this from several people now.

There is a growing disatisfaction amongst the higher echelons of the mob about the overlap of the RAF Int and Int Corps. We've already seen Int Corps filling RAF slots and vice versa both on det and in the UK, and the rumour mill is merrily churning out new tales on a daily basis about the state of play with regards to the possibility of a merger.
I don't know how much stock to put in the tale of swapping berets, but, based on recent discussions with senior bosses the latest news is the OPAIC kids will be filling G2 dets pretty much as soon as passing out from the sands.

Also, i've heard that the AFPRB have been approached about changing the pay scales again as an effort to save money. We're looking at the SACs going back to the lower pay bands.

The futures bright, the futures purple.

Shame on the AFPRB if true.

Would be good to think that if the OPAIC guys are going to be doing G2 then give the rank, albeit acting, to go with it.

Always said that we might merge eventually, no place for three int branches, but would still say that we are more forward thinking in our ability to do things.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I can't think of any possible excuses that the AFPRB could use to reduce pay in the lower ranks, especially with all that the Govt are doing at the moment to raise the pay of the lowest of the low!

POSSIBLY Off Topic
The Regt. have (quite rightly) re-introduced LanceJack for their guys who have leadership responsibilities out in the play-pen, maybe the rest of the RAF should look at taking it back on too! It would be useful for SACs going into theatre in their early years (without giving them the burden of a Cpl's supposed responsibility) and it would help to even out the whole '3 years and you're up' scenario. The same goes for WO2 (awaiting a sound verbal/typed thrashing from those who supposedly know better...!)

Off Topic

To be honest, I don't think an OpAIC grad would get sent straight to theatre, unless there as part of the new FP posts, but even then they are LACs for a good reason - they've only been 'in' about 10 minutes! By all means, make their Phase 2 more substantial (it used to be a year long FFS) and pass them out as SACs. There was a marked difference in maturity and mental attitude between those passed out as SACs and those at JT, the gap is even more obvious between SACs and OpAIC LACs (IMHO)!!

As for the merger, our guys aren't taught anywhere near what the Int Corps are with regard to security, so the whole training regime for our trade and theirs would need to be squared away before anying like a merger could occur. INHO, a highly unlikely scenario for many years to come.