• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Barber's Adagio For Strings

Barber's Adagio For Strings

• Yes, brilliant, amazingly haunting

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • utter garbage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well the dance version is good, dunno bout the original

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • never heard of it

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katinthehat

I must have overlooked it, but Jarre's music is also in the film...

Actually MM - I stand corrected (dug the CD out....)
- it is NOT Barbers Adagio - it is Albinoni's - full track listing of soundtrack......

ADAGIO IN G MINOR FOR STRINGS & ORGAN"
Tomaso Albinoni
OXYGENE"
Jean Michel Jarre
"THE PEARL FISHERS"
Georges Bizet
"TALES FROM THE VIENNA WOODS - ROSES FROM THE SOUTH"
Johann Strauss
"CENTONE DI SONATA No. 3"
Niccolò Paganini
"IT'S A LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY"
Judge & Williams
"AUSTRALIA WILL BE THERE"
Skipper Francis

So I apologise (not too big to admit when I am wrong!) - but there - sorted now - still a great piece of music!!!

S

shoutingwind

i think nimrod is a very haunting peice of music. i can remember the last two times i listened to it properly all the way through 1- lying inbetween the tent spines in BAS looking for shooting stars 2- XV179's memorial in salisbury cathedrail. everytime i hear it now i want to cry, same with the last post. I didn't realise the power of music on feelings and memory until i joined up. so many different songs remind me of dets, or people or things that have happened, some good and make me smile and some heart renchingly sad and i just want to sit crying.

mightyhunter

Sergeant
i think nimrod is a very haunting peice of music. i can remember the last two times i listened to it properly all the way through 1- lying inbetween the tent spines in BAS looking for shooting stars 2- XV179's memorial in salisbury cathedrail. everytime i hear it now i want to cry, same with the last post. I didn't realise the power of music on feelings and memory until i joined up. so many different songs remind me of dets, or people or things that have happened, some good and make me smile and some heart renchingly sad and i just want to sit crying.
try here for a sample--> http://www.amadeusorchestra.co.uk/other/AmadeusOrchestra-Elgar-Nimrod.mp3
now i know the tune. there's a bit of a blank part at the beginning.
EDIT: it's just the recording. v. quiet at the start.

Last edited:

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

The thread is about Barbers Adagio....... Don't get me started on Elgar...::(:

S

shoutingwind

sorry!

barber's music is haunting but very lovely and very lonely. makes me think of going away and of the people i love and my a/c flying into the sunset.

Sometimes i think good music can be overused and that diminishes the peice but the best pieces just keep going..... adagio is one of those

Status
Not open for further replies.