• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bands I wish I'd Seen..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
some that i can think of

guns and roses
pink floyd
the jam
jefferson airplane
nirvana
carter usm
the maiden
the macc lads (that would of been a right arse about)
duran duran (when in their hey day)
queen
the stones
rage against the machine
sound garden
audioslave
deep purple

the list is endless

K

katinthehat

I have to mention some of the greats of the world here too -
Elvis
The Beatles
The Stones (in their early days)
Small Faces
Yardbirds
Marc Bolan
Kinks
Otis Redding
Marvin Gaye
Barry White

and many more I was simply too young to see!!!!

T

tonibird

some that i can think of

guns and roses
pink floyd
the jam
jefferson airplane
nirvana
carter usm
the maiden
the macc lads (that would of been a right arse about)
duran duran (when in their hey day)
queen
the stones
rage against the machine
sound garden
audioslave
deep purple

the list is endless

i second this!!! excellent taste cake or death ( good name too by the way!!! Eddie fan?)

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
Queen and Pink Floyd.

technically not a band but - Elvis.

Good taste Bengo, I would have loved to have seen Elvis especially at his 68 comeback gig
elvis_narrowweb__200x272.jpg
'sex on legs' I believe would be a good description and an unbelievable showman!!!!

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
i second this!!! excellent taste cake or death ( good name too by the way!!! Eddie fan?)

van halen or izzard?

halen=sort of
izzard=aye

has anyone seen jefferson airplane? i love that intro to white rabbit. utterly brilliant and a completely bonkers song.

just thought would of loved to have seen

the kinks
and spandau ballet (ultimate cheese but good tuneage)

M

monobrow

Would have loved to hear....

G'n'R
Steve Vai
Stevie Ray Vaughan
BB King

Gonna sound mad, but Whilst I love a bit of metal. There is nothing better than hearing a top guitarist who can make it cry and sing at the same time.

Last edited:

airframe doctor

Corporal
would have been nice.....

would have been nice.....

Slayer,
Testament,
Metallica,
AC/DC,
Pink Floyd
Led Zep,
Jimi Hendrix,
The Cult,
The Charlatans,
Bolthrower,
Sisters Of Mercy,
Sex Pistols,
Carter USM,
U2.....& so many more!
Depeche Mode too

Last edited:

Man in Black

Corporal
Pink Floyd
The Who (before Keith Moon died)
The Beatles
Joy Division
New Order
Rolling Stones
The Smiths
Happy Mondays
Johnny Cash
The Sex Pistols
Fields of the Nephilim (I had tickets as well)

P

Pan Warrior

Queen

Queen

Yes Queen also ( and I don't mean wgaf) had the chance early 80's and did not go, regretted that one for years, also the sex pistols, would have liked to have seen those lads at the top of their game.. and last but not least ACDC in their prime thunderstruck tnt highway to hell whole lot of rosie.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

M

Mentaldrummer1980

Bands I wish i could have seen.

Bands I wish i could have seen.

PANTERA with the late Dimebag darrell I am a huge fan but never got round to seeing them. (Big Mistake)
THE WHO with the late keith Moon. (Wasnt even born)
NIRVANA with the Late kurt Cobain. had a ticket for the 04 April 94 in cardiff however said tour was of course cancelled due to events in rome which ended up with YOU KNOW THE REST. Still got the ticket its in a frame on my wall, UNUSED (Bugger)
DROWNING POOL with the late Dave Williams. could have seen them but went to see Disturbed instead. Another big mistake.
IRON MAIDEN on the Powerslave tour (Live After death). However all is not lost as they annonced at the recent Download and Brixton gig's that they are resurecting the Powerslave album tour, complete with original stage show and setup for their 08 world and european tour (GET IN)

3Chordwonder

Mentaldrummer - Please please don't ever come and watch my band......you're cursed buddy!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

3Chordwonder

Ha ! yeah !

Please come and see us so I don't die in a bizzare drug/gun/suicide incident !

Kiwistacker

Clinically Insane
Wish I'd got off my arrse and saw The Stranglers before Hugh Cornwell left. I saw them in October last year at Norwich and it was a bloody good gig. Not much chance of seeing them now though.

Man in Black

Corporal
Wish I'd got off my arrse and saw The Stranglers before Hugh Cornwell left. I saw them in October last year at Norwich and it was a bloody good gig. Not much chance of seeing them now though.

Totally agree. I saw them in 1999 (I think) as part of the CSE show in Cyprus. Absolutely fantastic. Sure they would have been even better with Hugh in the band. Only disappointment was they didn't sing 'Peaches'; a song that has nothing to do with Bob Geldofs daughter!

3Chordwonder

I was the bass player in the support band for that tour !

A week off work (free!) lots of free food and beer, plus getting to hang with The Stranglers. How cool is that?
I still have an album full of photos. plus JJ Burnel sorted me out with a nice deal on a new bass amp!

They never played "Peached" with Paul as the singer because it was Hugh's song and he never felt he could do it justice.

MingMong

Warrant Officer

I saw them last year at Guilfest, which was my second time seeing them (the first time was just after they replaced Hugh Cornwell)
Also at Guilfest last year (but on a different day to The Stranglers) was Hugh Cornwell solo, it was good to hear both acts playing a good selection of old Stranglers songs, although I must say I enjoyed The Stranglers renditions more.

BTW, if you like the Stranglers, don't forget to check the charity auction, I added a signed Stranglers CD to it this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.