• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aux Recruitment...stagnated?

Mag2grid

Corporal
Anyone from the auggie side of manning know whats going on with recruitment at the moment? I've tried my local sqn and there isnt anything (600 Sqn) despite a massive banner outside Northolt. Also looked further afield to Brize and Benson.

cobbler

LAC
depending on what trade your after but i know brize are recruiting for movements , all being well i start in Oct

give them a call :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Mag2grid

Corporal
Bit of a journey Northampton to BZN mate!?

I have some gen from BZN, just waiting out for more gen.

Out of interest, any idea how much 4624 pers get mobilised?

cobbler

LAC
yea its a good hour drive but im ok with that , you do what you have to eh :)

from what ive been told 4264 have a good number getting mobilized , movements is pretty busy

i think brize are having another open day shortly with a Feb start date from what i remember mate

D

dakota30

4624 sqn

4624 sqn

Hi

I am in 4624 squadron,6 years now. they are actively recruiting ,they always are, you can never have too many movers!
I drive from Northampton and it takes about 1 hour 10 if you go through the villages

beowulf

Sergeant
Could not comment on specific Sqns but overall the output from our review (FR2020) was that we were getting reduced from 2,000 all ranks to 1,800 but that would only have worried us if we were not already undermanned. The report noted that we sat at 1,200. Don't know what we are at at the moment but I would not expect us to be within touching distance of 1,800 yet.

I know my Sqn is recruiting like there is no tomorrow and we are attesting people almost every month. There are a couple of nationally recruited sqns as well you could try but the traveling could quickly get bad.

The banner outside Northolt will be there for the benefit of an Air Ship rather than a potential recruit :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Entropy

Sergeant
Yep 4624 are recruiting and actively expanding. There are plenty of people that live in your area. As for deployments at the moment, if you want to get out then you will.

I was at the Reserve Recruiting Workshop earlier this month and all Sqns are currently recruiting. 1800 fully trained are required with up to 500 in training, so 2300 all in an overall increase not a reduction. Some Sqns are to re-role and move locations, this has yet to be confirmed, but new Sqns may be raised in Wales, Northern Ireland and NW England.