• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auggies (need some advice)

A

AWOL

I am currently serving In the TA but have always fancied being a auggie. The problem a have Is I live In the Channel Island's and have to fly across for my training, all travel payed by the army. Does anyone know If It Is possible to do this in the RAF reserve as a auggie. I also briefly looked Into RAF reserve police and It did look like It could be possible but the travel to where they are located was going to be a bit long winded so I decided against It.

Thanks.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Whilst there is technically no reason why your application wouldn't be accepted, it would seem an unusual step to me.

Seems a bit fancifull to travel from the channel islands to wilts/oxon for short periods of training/parade nights.

A

AWOL

I was not sure about the parade night, the unit I am In at the moment don't have them I have been told that some RAF units do and some don't. The thing Is I do like being part time In the services but have had enough of the army, the RAF reserve seem to take better care of there people and seem to be better organised.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Your not wrong on the people front :)

your best bet would be to decide what sqn/role you want to join/be and contact them direct and 'pop' the question.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Have a friend who is with 612 at Leuchars (Scotland) and lives in Cornwall he gets travel paid (flight to edinburgh) once a month for Trg w/e ansd he has to attend so many w/e plus compulsory training weeks.

Shiny_Rob

Corporal
Your best bet would be to join one of the Int Sqn's parented by Waddington. They recruit from all over the country and once you are trained you are "posted" to a regular Sqn or unit that needs Int cover.

A

AWOL

I did briefly look Into the Int sqn's but the Auggies do more of the stuff I enjoy like out on the ground and running around with a rifle, you know the kind of stuff.

B

Bill Bones

I've heard tales of the RAF Police Auggies recruiting from all across the country. If you can stretch it, they probably can too.

Furthermore..... I'm not too sure us Auggies are too hot on parade nights. We certainly don't do them.

Best of luck!

A

AWOL

Have had a look at RAF police, but the travel time Is a bit long winded where they are based.

A

AWOL

It would be very handy, but we do not have a airline that flies to that airport. The nearest airport I can fly to Is Stansted.