• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auggies at JSCSC?

U

up_periscope

I understand that the RAF are finally getting the point of joint Command and Staff training for reserves and are now sending Auggies to JSCSC, to study at the same place as their RNR and TA counterparts. Any truth?

TotalWar

LAC
I dont know what JSCSC is, but I do know, that new auggie airmen recruits are now doing their 2 week basic recruit training, centralised at Halton, rather than at their home Squadron.

B

Bill Bones

For us Auggie Rocks it works like this.......

Upon joining you do two weeks at Halton, - You then do the rest of your weekends at your sqn, where at the moment the emphasis is very much on a modular training programme with units that need to be passed before you are sent to Exercise OMEGA - a 2 week assessment exercise designed to pass out ACs as LAC Gunners (as done by the reguars).

I know because I'm currently going through it- having joined early enough the (somewhat poorly looked upon by us Rocks) Halton course (we ran our own in house one).

TotalWar

LAC
For us Auggie Rocks it works like this.......

Upon joining you do two weeks at Halton, - You then do the rest of your weekends at your sqn, where at the moment the emphasis is very much on a modular training programme with units that need to be passed before you are sent to Exercise OMEGA - a 2 week assessment exercise designed to pass out ACs as LAC Gunners (as done by the reguars).

I know because I'm currently going through it- having joined early enough the (somewhat poorly looked upon by us Rocks) Halton course (we ran our own in house one).

Thats the same for me Bill. I did my basic recruit course at Honington, then Ive just missed(through injury) the last ever trainee gunner course run at Leeming. So as you say, its modular weekend training, then the Omega. I believe that the auggie squadrons are taking it in turn to run the Omegas for the whole RauxAF. I think Cottesmore may be the first sqn to do so.

Last edited:
B

Bill Bones

Yeah? who's at Cottesmore like?

What we heard is that it'll prob be run at some random training area - Warcop, Otterburn, Catterick etc and any sqn that wants to send men on it will have to send down NCOs as DS too. We've certainly had NCOs pon the Regular's OMEGA to see what it'slike.

TotalWar

LAC
Yeah? who's at Cottesmore like?

What we heard is that it'll prob be run at some random training area - Warcop, Otterburn, Catterick etc and any sqn that wants to send men on it will have to send down NCOs as DS too. We've certainly had NCOs pon the Regular's OMEGA to see what it'slike.

Omega may be running at Otterburn later this year.
Sounds like its going to be much tougher than the two week trainee gunner course thats been the norm up till now. Because far more time will be available to just beast you rather than teaching you stuff. :pDT_Xtremez_35:
But its all good warry stuff.::/:

B

Bill Bones

We've been told to expect plenty field admin type stuff, on which you'll be assessed twice during the course. And that only makes up a tiny percentage of the criteria. Add to that fitness, teamwork and skill; at arms type stuff. I think it'll well and truly show the sTAbs up.

Nurse69

LAC
Jscsc

Jscsc

Indeed our recently departed Sqn WO did the WO's Course at the Joint Services Comand and Staff College (Shrivenham).

4th_of_foot

JODP - Junior Officer's Development Program - is run at Shrivenham, and is now compulsory for RauxAF Officers.

JOD 1 has to be completed within (I think) 2 years of Commissioning.