• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auggies around bath

H

Huey

Looking at going to uni near to around Bath/Bristol and want something more that UAS to do. Have been looking at reserve site, and the nearest unit is Aeromedical evac, which looks like it has benefits (1st aid training??). Was hoping for something more technical or green though. Also, i am interestd in a reserve commision, which i could not get at the Aeromedical, as I intend to study Aero Engineering. If anyone has any advice, or is from the Aeromed sqn it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam

B

Bill Bones

Looking at going to uni near to around Bath/Bristol and want something more that UAS to do. Have been looking at reserve site, and the nearest unit is Aeromedical evac, which looks like it has benefits (1st aid training??). Was hoping for something more technical or green though. Also, i am interestd in a reserve commision, which i could not get at the Aeromedical, as I intend to study Aero Engineering. If anyone has any advice, or is from the Aeromed sqn it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Sam

First and foremost, give them a phone. The medical sqn at Leuchars generally requires some sort of professional quals.

Fomz, Not entirely sure there are auggie rocks at Brize, certainly not a fiull sqn - there'll prob just be a flight or section of them on the mover's sqn.

Would also suggest that reservist commissions are few and far between, and you may be required to bugger off and attatch to a regular unit for a period of time (not necessarily deployment) wiill this suit your course? thought not

If you are a student - stick with the UAS, I know a student that applied to be a TA Officer, and they told him more or less to chuff off and join the OTC.

Last edited:
P

parttime

501 Sqn are the regt based at Brize norton as said before 4624 sqn are movers