• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Attaching pictures/photos to P.M.s

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I cant see a way of attaching pics or photos to pm's.
Is this available? I see you can link a webpage, but there isnt the upload facility like there is in the threads.

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
Is this available? I see you can link a webpage, but there isnt the upload facility like there is in the threads.

If you right click on the image you want to send, 'copy', then paste into the PM, it can be sent that way. Not sure of the max file size.

D

DE Scumbag

Doesnt work, when right clicking in the pm the paste option isnt available.

Once you've copied the pic to your clipboard, try using a ctrl+V with your cursor in the text box you want to paste the pic into.

That might work.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
It makes no difference. If the paste option on right click isnt bold it isnt available.
I tried control V as well anyway!

D

DE Scumbag

It makes no difference. If the paste option on right click isnt bold it isnt available.
I tried control V as well anyway!

I have used this method in other application when there has been no right click paste available, sorry it didnt work for you.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I think the fact that the little attachment clicky isnt up there (like on here by the smilies) gives it away.
Thanks anyway mate.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts

For the last time no-one wants a picture of you in a Batman suit you fcuking freak !! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Masher, it looks like the problem is the piece of useless ****e that is between your keyboard and chair. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

:pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: :pDT_Xtremez_31: Harsh but priceless !!

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
RIGHT!!!!
MadCollie and Scaley are now officially on my pish taking list! :pDT_Xtremez_25:

I'll have a look at that image hosting thing tomorrow.

Why dont pm's have the same editor settings that thread posting does?

M

monobrow

Why dont pm's have the same editor settings that thread posting does?
Because some people don't want unsolicited pictures???

It does have the same editor, it just doesn't have attaching files

StickyFingers

Sergeant
You need to delve into the dark dark art of HTML.

Start your link with

I cant wirte a proper one or a link will come up

Photobucket has it under your picture in ya album called IMG code just copy and paste it into ya message.

That usually works........ usually. I'm an IT biff but I did do a super 2 week course to be a TG4 so the system must work:pDT_Xtremez_34:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
All I wanted to do was copy a picture from my puter into a pm.
I didnt want to have to faff around uploading my pic to another site etc etc.
I guess the answer to my original query is no.
Thanks for the suggestions and help nevertheless.