• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATSy Stop Overs

S

ScottishCop

Just wondering what kind of different places people have stopped over at on ATSy tasks, what the best ones are.

Here goes my list so far:

CANADA - Newfoundland (St Johns's & Gander)
USA - Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Georgia, Tampa
JAMAICA - Kingston
BERMUDA - Hamilton
ICELAND - Keflavik
NORWAY - Narvik
IRAQ - Baghdad & Basra
BELIZE - Belize City

Favourite place has to be St Johns! Vegas was ok especially staying in the Hard Rock Hotel, although nobody else wanted to go out!!!!!

Last edited:
P

POB

Although not ATSy, my favourite stop over has to be Canada as well, Toronto! Just loved it, CN Tower, an hour from the falls...Fantastic particularly if you have a crew duty extra day there...

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
In nearly 11 years I have been lucky enough to go on exactly 0 ATSy trips :0 Although i did do ATSy in Basrah and Kuwait but they werent stopovers :)

S

ScottishCop

We are very lucky at our unit, as now that we are in the 'ATSy Wing' we get alot of jobs now. Although most times we can only provide 1 copper at a time, we normally ask other sections around the unit for volunteers, so it makes us very popular on the unit!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

I have been lucky and had a really good bunch of Aircrew, Movers and Techies on my trips. Its good to see everybody mucking in even when its not their own specifc job.
Especially unloading a fully laden C17 in Belize with ONE other copper! That was fun in the heat, lol. The beer at the end made it worthwhile though!
Its good seeing what other trades get up to and helping when I can.
I ended up being in in-flight cook on my last job and sorting out all the customs paperwork etc.
And another time being ORDERED to go out drinking at night by the A/C Captain (and Sqn boss) and being told that the A/C can look after itself and he wanted to see if us coppers could handle our drink! lol. (A/C was empty by the way and in a safe county & airport!!!!!)
I personally love going away although you tend to suffer badly from jet-lag and need a holiday to recover after them.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
If your after sympathy its in the dictionary between Sh!t and Syphallis! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

ScottishCop

Lol. will keep you in mind next time any jobs come our way then, hows that!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

N

Nutty Bird

Atsy, my fave job!!!

i have done canada, keflavic, washington, sri-lanka, belize, norway, nepal, italy, cyprus, bahrain, germany, india, pakistan, guernsey, jersey, belgium, florida, kuwait and africa!

Every trip the crews have been awesome and really looked after me which isn't an easy job in itself! Chip, if ever you fancy going any where give me a shout babe and i'll spread some wings your way!!xx

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Atsy, my fave job!!!

i have done canada, keflavic, washington, sri-lanka, belize, norway, nepal, italy, cyprus, bahrain, germany, india, pakistan, guernsey, jersey, belgium, florida, kuwait and africa!

Every trip the crews have been awesome and really looked after me which isn't an easy job in itself! Chip, if ever you fancy going any where give me a shout babe and i'll spread some wings your way!!xx

Where is S2 when you need him????

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Ahhh the dreams I will have!

Being on a NATO post I doubt that can be arranged but its a nice thought :)

S

ScottishCop

Atsy, my fave job!!!

Wow! You've been around!
You must be on the Wing! lol

N

Nutty Bird

Wow! You've been around!
You must be on the Wing! lol

No, i have never been on the wing and have no desire to either!!! Just based at a busy flying unit and take every oportunity i can!!! And as i'm sure you're more than aware, our trade don't seem to have many of those right now!!!x

T

The Dark Side

Germany, Holland, Bodo (Norway), Halifax Nova Scotia, Gander, Washington, Colorado Springs, Las Vegas, Memphis, Cancun, Guiyaquil (Ecuador), Santiago (Chile).

B

Bitter&Twisted

After spending almost 6 yrs on the wing, I have been to some awsome places (as well as some down right toilets :pDT_Xtremez_34:), the only disappointment being I never got as far as Australia.

I may have to dig my map out to recall where I've been :pDT_Xtremez_30: