• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ATCEB - Get stuck in!

R

Retard Retard

As most of you know I don't give a stuff anymore! :D

So, I am quite happy to start a debate on our 'Chums' down on the Examining Board who, so far, have remained outside the great debating circle that is The Goat.

So here are some starters to kick things off!

What do you think of them?
Should they have WO/SNCOs on board?
Should they be done away with?
Should they be amalgamated with CATCS Standards and save money?
Why do they have a crap paint scheme on their front door?
Why do they go trapping to Gutersloh just before Xmas?
Is it just an Officers jolly holiday club?
Should they just check out LEOs?

Go on get stuck in! It will make a change from slagging off JATCC/CATCS/FOTF/FOTS/Instructors/FOMs/Ops Officers.

Maybe someone has a good word for them....:rolleyes:

...............in your own time carry on.:)

Y

You Can Call Me Al

I can't say that I've had much to do with them, but, JIC:

Ever such nice chaps
Yes
No
NO!
They are in touch with their feminine side
Well, gosh, I've no idea!
Noooo; it's jolly hard work
Possibly.

That really wasn't as much fun as
slagging off JATCC/CATCS/FOTF/FOTS/Instructors/FOMs/Ops Officers

Insideout - post something daft and we can resume normal service!

:p

R

Retard Retard

YCCMA & Insideinfoman are not allowed to slag each other off on my Thread, so there!:p

I

insideinfoman

Examing Board.............................No Comment they do a job that has to be done, never had to deal with them so NO COMMENTS. Apart from a mention in reports many years ago!

Thats my Lots I'll leave it to everyone else!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_30:

R

Retard Retard

Well I guess by the silence that you're all happy and content with the ATCEB!

Back to the big fight between YCCMA & Insidetrouserleg over in the Fight Club. Who is the Ref going to be? The Fat Controller or Standards (woof woof)?

I

insideinfoman

The thing people maybe frightened to post for fear of reprisals.

and as for your other comment

Please note my complete absence from the thread, it'll stay that way. Expect no other comment RR so don't fish for any! :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

Standards

Retard Retard said:
Why do they have a crap paint scheme on their front door?

In case they ever get closed down they can offer competition to the Squirrels Creche?

Standards!

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Insideinfoman
The thing people maybe frightened to post for fear of reprisals.

Why should you fear reprisals? All big enough and ugly enough to take banter.

Did you mean to say that you were frightened of reprisals? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

I

insideinfoman

No re-read my post will you...............As I don't have contact with them I have no thoughts or comments on them.

Hows that for an opinion? Short and sweet!!!!!

As for the door.........It's so they can find their way home again after being on the road!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I

insideinfoman

I know, suppose it's expected that I'll have a go but hey not this time. I'll leave it to YCCMA.

But I'm not afraid of reprisals, been around to long to worry about stuff like that. What can they do to me?

Career? What career? Don't have, never had since '92 when I told a SATCO to go forth and multiply amongst other things!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_18:

D

DET1

ATCEB necessary but outdated. All mil ATC units have good standards and training setups. LEO's, UTO's and standards people to ensure that standards are being met. I believe the way forward is for the ATCEB to join with TST and look and these parts of a unit. If they need to come round to units to 'check' people out then what is the point of the others at the unit. The current bunch seem an excellent mix of individuals, however no one will ever convince me that they should not have a WO on the Board. What does it prove if they come to a unit and sit behind an individual who because of who is sat with them makes an unusual decision that costs him a red mark in his book. I will back my LEO's to get the job done every time. If someone is out ofline then they know what to expect. My comment re WO's on the board is a sore point with me. I have heard the reasons given including, ATCEB is a stepping stone to promotion, Officers are posted as part of their career development, SNCO's are posted to fill a slot, and where would the team go if they had a WO and were housed in the Officers mess. Look at how many of our trade are SNCO's. Rant over.

Hmmmm

SAC
The door was painted to p1ss off a previous Gp Capt - he had commented that it was a bit shabby and needed painting.

WOs on the ATCEB - why not? I seem to remember one of the reasons was to do with allowances (I know it's petty but it was a fact of life). Another was that there was a feeling that the post could not be sustained. How many WOs out there would actually want to do the job? I suspect that there isn't a cast of thousands.

makes an unusual decision that costs him a red mark in his book - That would have to be a particularly unusual decision for OC ATCEB (sorry SO1 ATCEB) to Cancel an endorsement. I think the going rate is about once every 3 years.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Just a thought - who examines the examiners? Or are they above all that?
Sir Salty - leave Inside alone - he's very sensitive! Mind you...
Please note my complete absence from the thread, it'll stay that way
Doh! :rolleyes:

I

insideinfoman

No I'm not. You have to be thick skinned to be in this trade, just don't see the point thats all.

I think we do it well on the threads as it is without having our own. It would boring to have a thread all to ourselves.

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

R

Retard Retard

YCCMA & Insideoutunderpants STOP IT right now!

You have your dedicated Thread on the Fight Club, so use it!

Back to Board Baiting please.

General Slim

Minor - Under16
Retard.
Why the sudden flak to ATCEB now ?, as I recall you were always chummy enough with us, or do you feel braver now?. Infoman, quite remarkable your keeping quiet, is the "Bitter and Lemon" still to your taste ?.

I

insideinfoman

General Slim said:
Retard.
Infoman, quite remarkable your keeping quiet, is the "Bitter and Lemon" still to your taste ?.

Why is it that you can't get it. I HAVE NO CONTACT WITH THEM in my job and haven't since about 1986 when I left Germany. Therefore I don't care about them or what they do. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Yes thanks it is especially in my Gin. Make it a large one, I think I need it!! :pDT_Xtremez_27:

Y

You Can Call Me Al

I think I owe Insideleg an apology! Whether 'twas my misreading his post or his poor sentence construction (!) I though he was absenting himself from this thread, not our own little part of the world in the FightClub... ho hum.
General Slim - are you a second incarnation of the Controller? Just wondering...:D
Retard - he won't come and play; although he's intimating that he won't lower himself, I think it's because his Mum told him to stay indoors!