• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AST Selection Test

R

Robs Bobs

Can anyone help please, my daughter has been to AFCO and has a date for her AST. She is keen on joining RAF Police does any one know what type of AST score she will need and will she need to score well in all sections. I mean does she need good Electrical and Mechanical Aptitude for the Police!!

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Protective Dad

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Not really

Not really

Each trade weights different parts of the tests, for you daughter Math and English are the biggies, with a dash of Spacial Reasoning, Work Rate and Memory.

Get out the school books and, if you've got one to hand, a brain training nintendo DS or Wii.

Good luck to your lass.

R

Robs Bobs

AST Selection Test

Many Thanks Busby you have made an old Dad happy - I suspected that was the case but you have confirmed it test due on Friday so must crack on.

Cheers

RHAG Handler

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

K

k9138

Afternoon:pDT_Xtremez_22:

Has your daughter read other posts and replies on here about the RAFP - It may give a good overview on the trade rather than just the silver lined version the AFCO can sometimes give!

Wish her luck for Friday.

R

Robs Bobs

AST Selection Test

Hi
Yes thanks, the more we delve into the murky the more useful info is coming out, AFCO have been a great help but as you state its only one version. Friday seems very close now!

The RHAG Handler

:pDT_Xtremez_21:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The best thing is not get hung up on what score you 'need' . Crack and and do your best and you may be surprised to find out what you are offered.