• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AST grade requirements

f007man

LAC
Morning all,

I recently expressed an interest in the RAF reserves. I was keen on joining the Aircraft Engineering and/or Air Support Operations teams.

What AST grade is required for:
Aircraft Engineer
Air operations support
If I qualify can I apply to do both ?

Thanks

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using Tapatalk

f007man

LAC
Thanks. What is the AST requirements for ground staff Engineering and Air support operations ?

f007man

LAC
No I'm not an ex regular. I was asking about Air Support Operations as in the Flight Control tower jobs etc.

AST scores are meaningless to the applicant. Just sit the test and see how you do mate?

This.

It doesn't really matter what the required score is, it only matters if you sit the test and meet the score for your required job. Best thing to do, is sit the AST and if you get a good enough score for the job you want, then go for it.

f007man

LAC
So guys Ive now been informed that I got 53 in the AST1 and need 58 to get selected for Engg.