• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ASDA Travel

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tentatively looking at booking a hol this summer in Sharm so reasearching a place called Aqau Blu Club which has been reccomended to us...so we look at all the major sites and the prices come rolling in around £3-4k for everything...Then we go through ASDA travel (I had no idea they had branched out into this area) and it came in at £1600 and stare as I may I can't see the obvious custard pie in the offer...

So has anyone used ASDA travel? Any nightmares to share before I go further down the route with them? Can't see much online about them so looking for reassurance from elsewhere!

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Aah, the Blu Oyster (Aqua) Club in Sharm...
It's not custard you need to worry about Vim !

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Aah, the Blu Oyster (Aqua) Club in Sharm...
It's not custard you need to worry about Vim !

So it's banana hammock country then? I'll break out the leopard skin ones with the knot tied in the butt string then!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Aqua Blu was recommended to us when we enquired about the same type of holiday with a different operator. What put us off is that the on-site water park is used by all the other resorts in the area.

In the end, we booked to stay in Sunrise Tirana, which has nearly as many water slides, etc., as Aqua Blu but is exclusive to residents. All in for £2300 and that was with Going Places. I must admit, I've never heard of Asda travel or we'd at least have looked at them. That said, I've just put my holiday criteria into the Asda website and it came out at just over £4K.

Try going to the High St and playing them off against the quote you've had, which does seem too good to be true at first glance. Don't go to the Co-op though - they tried very hard to sell me a holiday to a resort which hasn't yet opened; the saleswoman even went to the extreme of "phoning a colleague at another branch" who assured her that people had definitely stayed there and had a wonderful holiday.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Don't go to the Co-op though - they tried very hard to sell me a holiday to a resort which hasn't yet opened; the saleswoman even went to the extreme of "phoning a colleague at another branch" who assured her that people had definitely stayed there and had a wonderful holiday.

We booked through Co-op last year to go to Hotel Tropitel in Naama Bay T'Egypt and had a fantastic time. Right in the center of the resort... great food, lots to do, loved it. I would defo recommend them.

We have a first choice in my little town who to be fair if you go in with a quote will try to do it better....... if you can get a company like them to do it for you... that's what I'd always try.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Been to Egypt 10 times in the last three years. I don't think you'll find a better value holiday. First time in naama bay this year. Wasn't that impressed maybe it was too much like Spain.

Booked with lowcostholidays got it for £600 a/I single person for a fortnight. Ramada plaza. Was going to book it at £700 but when I went on the website next day the price had dropped by £100.

Whatever price you pay someone will always **** you off by saying what they got it for.

Never paid more than £600 a/I for a fortnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tedlooney

Sergeant
Yes, I've used Asda travel twice to book holidays to Cyprus and another 3 or 4 times just to book hotels. Not had any problems with them so far. I've had some real bargains from them but they're not always the cheapest so it's always worth checking other holiday websites to compare.

Last edited: