• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Army SNCO to RAF Officer - Anyone done it recently?

As the title would suggest, I am looking into the process of commissioning on transfer from the Army to the RAF. Has anyone done this in the last 2 or 3 years? Many thanks

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Your first stop is the AFCO mate, they can give you up to date information on Branches that are open, qualifications required and what parts of your previous Service count. For instance usually there is a higher age limit for serving personnel commissioning from the Ranks.

Your first stop is the AFCO mate, they can give you up to date information on Branches that are open, qualifications required and what parts of your previous Service count. For instance usually there is a higher age limit for serving personnel commissioning from the Ranks.

Many thanks for your reply. I did try the RAF careers phone number on the RAF's website, who (it seemed) didn't have that much to offer, and told me to go through my RCMO. This I did, and have had to fill out the relevant paperwork. I can't submit this until I have a full copy of my P File from APC Glasgow (to accompany the paperwork), which I have been waiting nearly a year for.
I was just hoping for any pointers or advice from anyone who has already completed the process. Thanks again

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
The AFCO cannot do anything until you are able to give them the "permission to proceed" from your RCMO. After that, the process is exactly the same as for anybody else, be they an RAF airman applying for commission or a direct entrant. Getting that P2P can be quite difficult, as you already know, but it's something you have to chase up yourself I'm afraid.

The AFCO cannot do anything until you are able to give them the "permission to proceed" from your RCMO. After that, the process is exactly the same as for anybody else, be they an RAF airman applying for commission or a direct entrant. Getting that P2P can be quite difficult, as you already know, but it's something you have to chase up yourself I'm afraid.
Which will be where all the paperwork comes in I suppose. Many thanks