• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you ready for the Highway Code Changes

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
...and life gets harder for the motorist. If the DfT thinks that cyclists are going to observe the new rules anymore than what they do at present, then they are living in cloud cuckoo land. It seems to be a licence for those lycra-clad rsoles who go out of their way to "engineer' conflicts so they can record them on their Go-pros, to be even more of an rsole.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I was gobsmacked the other day as I witnessed, near the centre of Bristol, a cyclist stopping at a pedestrian crossing on red......1st time ever in roughly 25 yrs of driving but it's a start......🤷

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I witnessed a classic event the other day... a moped rider got a bit peeved because as he was pulling onto a roundabout to go 270 degrees round it he thought a van coming from the road to his right to go 180 degrees cut him up. The moped rider engaged in fist waving at the van, and went on his way with me following. He then went straight through a clear & established red light at the pedestrian crossing <100 yards up the road.... C**k!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I haven't read all the way through the changes but it seems it will now be illegal to injure jaywalkers and collide with cyclists who are in the wrong, unless your in a Tesla.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I haven't read all the way through the changes but it seems it will now be illegal to injure jaywalkers and collide with cyclists who are in the wrong, unless your in a Tesla.
You may be right TB. It appears the only time you may be 'in the right' (if you drive a vehicle using petrol or diesel), is if there is an x in the day.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I was gobsmacked the other day as I witnessed, near the centre of Bristol, a cyclist stopping at a pedestrian crossing on red......1st time ever in roughly 25 yrs of driving but it's a start......🤷
Aren't cyclists in Bristol city centre just a special breed of fcuk-heads? I never fail to get re-enraged on every visit by their arrogance. I think certain areas of high density cycle usage need to demand some form of insurance from cyclists, to cover the harm they can cause when they hit people or property.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Aren't cyclists in Bristol city centre just a special breed of fcuk-heads? I never fail to get re-enraged on every visit by their arrogance. I think certain areas of high density cycle usage need to demand some form of insurance from cyclists, to cover the harm they can cause when they hit people or property.
Not so long ago I was in a co-workers humongous Chevrolet Escalade with a super charged 5.0l V8 lump, with air suspension (5ft or less and the top of your head is only just seen above the bonnet) and huge wheels. Think Puff Daddy but less taste.

Pootling down near one of the rivers, some swamp creature on a bike (probably not his) came flying out of a side alley and straight across in front of the truck. Hoofing great brakes aside, swampy was lucky but still had the audacity to waft his stinking dreadlocks back (White bloke), slap his bonnet and screamed, 'Ur Killin the Planet Maaaaaan!'

A quick rev to hear that supercharger whine and slight lift off from the brake peddle to jump the truck at him soon made Swamp Rat scurry away. 😂