• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are you getting sacked???

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Don't shoot the messenger here guys.

I spoke with a mate in an AFCO today, it would appear from what he has seen regarding recruitment etc that your trade is likely to get the chop sooner rather than later.

Is this true???

B

Ben Dwonin

why do we need painters, i made a lovely job of my back room. why not multiskill them with police dogs by tieing brushes to their tails. but then again the dogs will be able to put their AIP's in so it'll cost us more.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Ben Dwonin said:
why do we need painters, i made a lovely job of my back room. why not multiskill them with police dogs by tieing brushes to their tails. but then again the dogs will be able to put their AIP's in so it'll cost us more.

Obvious really....."They" have decided that they are need to renumber the whole GR4 fleet...gone are great BC, BJ, AH,etc lettering we are used to....they have decided to renumber the fleet from 001 upwards...the tape that they are using for this numbering is costing about £900 a roll....who do you think has a finger in the pie ?? Some high ranking zob about to depart me thinks.

T

toot

Getting sacked eh? The DFS found no less than ten RAF firemen logged on to seven different boards last night. Obviously they are so busy that volleyball is now taking a back seat in their busy lives! I would suggest they are redeployed into a useful occupation and other trades are left alone.
Trust me, I was one until I saw the light, I now make a decent living as a fireman AND have got time to do moonlighters as well.
Will the fishes bite that one????

firestorm

Warrant Officer
toot said:
Getting sacked eh? The DFS found no less than ten RAF firemen logged on to seven different boards last night. Obviously they are so busy that volleyball is now taking a back seat in their busy lives! I would suggest they are redeployed into a useful occupation and other trades are left alone.
Trust me, I was one until I saw the light, I now make a decent living as a fireman AND have got time to do moonlighters as well.
Will the fishes bite that one????

DFS??DFS?? I thought we were talking firemen! Keep on pretending DFS munter. You funny guy, I kill you last. Smoke dodger.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
firestorm said:
DFS??DFS?? I thought we were talking firemen! Keep on pretending DFS munter. You funny guy, I kill you last. Smoke dodger.

Stick the pr1ck on your ignore list mate, I have and now i can no longer see what he posts, Its a great thing an ignore list! :) :) :)

firestorm

Warrant Officer
skevans said:
Stick the pr1ck on your ignore list mate, I have and now i can no longer see what he posts, Its a great thing an ignore list! :) :) :)

But he amuses me. All these years of pretending, telling everyone in the pub who'll listen "I'm a fireman!"
Sad but amusing.

skevans

Flight Sergeant
Lol, carry on buddy, but he really isn't worth it. Just another pr1ck who couldn't get promoted so had to leave. As usual he was one who could hack the real world, what with no qualifications and all, so he prompted to retire to the DFS. Shame, he was probably a firefighter once.

Do you wanna know the best bit? He is on ignore, so I will never see the trash he writes ever again!! :) :) :)

W

Wannoscrew

Ain't this a painters thread???????

Ain't this a painters thread???????

Getting back to the purpose of this thread, They were talking about this when I was in (getting rid of the PTR/FNR trade) but then when G1 kicked off and everything had to be turned pink over night they realised that civvies wouldn't work through the night eat in the shed and then carry on into the next day. Then when G1.5 kicked off (Iraqi jets kept crossing into allied airspace - bout 93) various Sqn CO's wanted to out do each other and wanted their kites to have new individual sqn insignia and look better than everyone else. On we went, working through the night, putting them on, taking them off - OC ENG storming in asking if they were going out to do a job or to pose? Civvies would'nt have put up with that. They would have walked. No matter if you only see painters when you want your shoes painting, they do a good job and will always be needed. They shouldn't be part of GEF, they should be squadron based - They ain't getting sacked!