• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Are the new brown boots being issued yet?

wench02

SAC
If I am right in what I read in the newspaper that new boots are going to be issued that are brown, and with male and female versions?

Just wondering if this is the case, and if so, are they being issued yet on PRTC?

Just waiting for my PRTC dates through now (yey!!!), and I still have the black boots I was issued with on previous PRTC.

Also, if anyone can help me with these... would be much appreciated:
1. Where can I get a replacement pair of black socks that were issued at PRTC; the ones I have got have vanished into Dad's sock stash, never to return
2. I have some insoles for my trainers to help when I am running, and ideally would like some for the boots. Is this allowed, and I'm assuming that anything of my choice will be acceptable.

Odie

Sergeant
Also, if anyone can help me with these... would be much appreciated:
1. Where can I get a replacement pair of black socks that were issued at PRTC; the ones I have got have vanished into Dad's sock stash, never to return - Marks & Sparks, Tesco, Sainsbury's, etc. If you want better socks, then try one of the outdoor activities stores - Mountain Warehouse, Cotswold Outdoor, etc. Though it means putting your hand in your pocket. :pDT_Xtremez_15:
2. I have some insoles for my trainers to help when I am running, and ideally would like some for the boots. Is this allowed, and I'm assuming that anything of my choice will be acceptable. - Have what you want in your boots, just remove them when/if you get a full kit inspection and you're not wearing them.

Not sure about the brown boot thing though. You're given your boots early to get them broken in before you start (something that didn't happen years ago), so I'd guess that the black ones you got would be acceptable. The change over in the wider air force might well take years to fully implement. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will be along to correct me.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I wore insoles in my boots during RTS. All I had to do was take them out if I wasn't wearing them during inspections.