• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any TG4 way forward updates???

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Has anyone out there seen or heard any information with regard how TG4 is going to properly enforce and enhance Network Enabled Capability (NEC) in the future? What part will DII play? How long wil the TG3 legacty kits such as Cossor Single Channel, Watchman, T93 etc be around for example before being replaced with computerised systems? And if so what steps to make these new equipments EMP proof? Does anyone have useful positive ideas for the MOD CIS environment? I await answers with breath abaited.

Meathead

LAC
Has anyone out there seen or heard any information with regard how TG4 is going to properly enforce and enhance Network Enabled Capability (NEC) in the future? What part will DII play? How long wil the TG3 legacty kits such as Cossor Single Channel, Watchman, T93 etc be around for example before being replaced with computerised systems? And if so what steps to make these new equipments EMP proof? Does anyone have useful positive ideas for the MOD CIS environment? I await answers with breath abaited.

RJL, its very quiet from those in the know, and any reply you get in this thread will be nothing but speculation!!

IMHO...they fecked up bigtime and they dont know the answers themselves.....problem is they have too many people and not enough jobs as soon as DII is fully implemented!

I was told by a certain desk that they would seek to correct this by 'natural wastage' i.e time served, PVRs etc..

Now the way i see it, is we can all sit back and get buttfcuked or you could make your own plans and let them tongue your swingers as you walk off into the sunset!!!

I personally have applied to RNZAF, i can cut across at the same rank into a similar job, plus i get to watch cracking Rugby week in, week out!! Might appeal to you as well?? I was a half decent Lock forward in my time!!!!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Instead of NEC we should maybe call it NDC (Network Disabled Capability). Hell the MOD could try to claim for Disability Living Allowance maybe.

But you never know Meathead. Maybe someone in the know will come out the locker on this thread and enlighten us...Here's hoping!!!

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
There is a questionnaire circulating the seniors at the moment about whether the trade is working. . . . .

pomp101

LAC
RJL, I wouldn’t hold your breath too long, you’re liable to turn a bright shade of blue! With DII, DCSA and ATLAS coming over the hill, I just hope lots of accommodation is being built at Leeming!

Oh, I just had a thought maybe we could "hot block" like the navy boys "hot bunk", im sure it would work and save the RAF some money on accom.... maybe ill put it forward as a gems ..... :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Meat, dunno if you kept in touch with a previous Snec from inns, but from what i can remember, he was all but accepted with RNZAF, maybes he can give u some info :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Last edited:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
What type of questions are being asked MC? And are the Seniors able to expand on their observations? Will it be distributed to ALL TG4 Seniors? I await your reply.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
:pDT_Xtremez_30: People like you are dangerous Pomp. Give the Heirachy ideas like "Hot Blocks". TSK!!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

mad_collie

The Other Mods Made Me Do It
And a team assembled at Halton to try to figure it out, so I believe.

Apparently that happened last week, with PMA, TS & various 'interested parties'.

The questionnaire has been distributed to the trade managers for feedback on how the trade is performing since amalgamation.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Do you think this meeting of the (Dangerous) minds is a real attempt to sort out major problems within the trade that have been created or an attempt to say "It's all successfully implemented and we can give ourselves a pat on the back for our brilliant management!"???