• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any employers out there?

K

k9138

I am thinking of going 'back to school' and getting myself a degree (not a bought one from the States) and as I am a little long in the tooth would appreciate some advice from the goaters that sift through CV's!

I have narrowed my choice down to two degrees but would like to know which is preferable to future employers as I know some degree's are seen as easier than others and don't want to do one if it is seen as a cop out qualification.

1. Human Resources and Public relations

2. Management and Public relations

Thanks in advance.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

C

castlelgr

There are **** lods of degrrees out there, what is your experience and what jobs would you like to do?

M

Moz_Magister

It does, sort of, you just have to be fcuking sly about it :pDT_Xtremez_15: !

chiefy

Corporal
I am thinking of going 'back to school' and getting myself a degree (not a bought one from the States) and as I am a little long in the tooth would appreciate some advice from the goaters that sift through CV's!

I have narrowed my choice down to two degrees but would like to know which is preferable to future employers as I know some degree's are seen as easier than others and don't want to do one if it is seen as a cop out qualification.

1. Human Resources and Public relations

2. Management and Public relations

Thanks in advance.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

This is an easy one, go with the one that gives you the best shot at becoming a Chartered Manager, the postnominals that come with Chartered status are worth far more than any Batchelors degree because they not only demonstrate that you have a recognised academic qualification but also that you have committed to the institute's professional development programme, not all management degrees are recognised by these institutions so be aware of the memberhip requirements and check that yours is:

http://www.managers.org.uk/section_1.aspx?id=10:6

http://www.cipd.co.uk/mandq/develop/charter/default.htm?IsSrchRes=1

Which one you go for will depend on what exactly you want to do, CIPD is recognised highly in HR, CMI is recognised in executive management. There is also the ILM although I don't believe they offer Chartered status.