• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another step in the wrong direction !

M

monobrow

It's bad enough them welsh speaking freaks get their own signs, but ferkin polish????

At least wales is part of the UK!!!

M

mad_mo

This is nothing new, the Brick Lane area of East London has had street signs in Urdu for over 4 years now!.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
It's bad enough them welsh speaking freaks get their own signs

Better than a Language coming from the Germans !!!

I quote -"English is an Anglo-Frisian language brought to southeastern Great Britain in the 5th century AD by Germanic settlers from various parts of northwest Germany"

Unclebuck

LAC
Why are the polish getting new signs? There has been many others languages spoken in this country for years and they can navigate. PC Madness
is getting out of control from these do gooders. They need to spend their time sorting out anti social behavior and the likes in their area, not bloody road signs for poles........excuse the pun :pDT_Xtremez_06:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
A town has one name, the one the people who live there call it

Lantwit major (Not Llantwit major) as most folk living there are English speaking anyhoo, the Welsh name is Llanilltud Fawr over to TBJ if you want to know what that means

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just to be a pedant...Read this para taken from the article...

'Council chiefs defended the action to put up eight temporary road signs in Polish on the busy A49 trunkroad, claiming police have been called frequently by baffled Polish drivers who cannot understand English.'

How did the Polish phone up the English speaking police and complain in enough legible detail when they can't even understand simple, static roadsigns?

C

Captain Gatso

Has anyone got a good number for the New Zealand embassy. I want to emigrate to a country that is the furthest from this political correct nightmare that is supposed to be called the United Kingdom.::/:

Last edited:
M

mad_mo

Has anyone got a good number for the New Zealand embassy. I want to emigrate to a country that is the furthest from this political correct nightmare that is supposed to be called the United Kingdom.::/:

It's a High Commission in London, not an Embassy. :pDT_Xtremez_15:

020-7930-8422

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer

New Zealanders are more British than we are. I suggest you move to Iran.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
A town has one name, the one the people who live there call it

Lantwit major (Not Llantwit major) as most folk living there are English speaking anyhoo, the Welsh name is Llanilltud Fawr over to TBJ if you want to know what that means

OK, I can never resist a challenge. "Llanilltyd" is a reference to St. Illtyd, a 6th Century knight who converted to christianity. "Fawr" is usually taken to mean "big", so the literal translation of Llantwit Major is "Big St. Illtyd". This could be because he liked pies, but is more probably because he built a fcuk-off big church where he trained priests and missionaries, quite a few of whom were later canonised themselves.

Mind you, according to the naming conventions of the day, Llanilltyd Fawr should more properly have been called Caer Illtyd, as in Caer Dydd (Cardiff), Caer Myrddin (Carmarthen), etc.

M

Mazmann

Must just be the PC crowd

Must just be the PC crowd

I really don't think that it is the Poles that called for this..........
English really is their second language........They are taught from a very early age.
I have worked with a few....... and they really put the rest to shame....they would prefer to speak English then anything else........

Just the PC lot trying to be to PC and keep themselves in jobs!!!!