• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another PMU

Currently serving, have applied for a commission. Passed the filter interview and went for a medical with Capita.

Apart from the letter now addressing my application to join the Royal Navy, I have been declared PMU for an >12 week period of back pain from 2011. I received an epidural and havent been back to the med centre since. The reason stated is because of the rigorous challenges of training and operations, so, am I now excempt from going away or entitled to a medical discharge? Because I have been to afghan since (2014) and also was signed on for my 22 last year!

This makes little to no sense! Has anyone experienced similar and had success?

[SUB]
just curious, if the injury barring me from further service was as a result of the service (I recieved an AFCS payment for the injury) is the MOD liable for my potential loss of earnings? I may speak to a solicitor if that is the case...
[/SUB]

Mag2grid

Corporal
[SUB]
just curious, if the injury barring me from further service was as a result of the service (I recieved an AFCS payment for the injury) is the MOD liable for my potential loss of earnings? I may speak to a solicitor if that is the case...
[/SUB]

Probably not, I'd submit as you still had IOT, phase 2 and other bits to get through first that future earnings were not a guarantee.

The loss of earnings would possibly come into play if you were in productive branch service (ie phase 1 and 2 completed) and you then couldn't progress into a higher paying role because of the nature of your injury(as rupperts there isn't much which attracts extra pay, para duty is the one that springs to mind, but again you volunteer for that you aren't slotted into it and have to pass courses)